Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just to give you guys the heads up that we have a special launch promotion for our TYGA Performance Grom rear sets. 30% off which makes them around 270 dollars right now.

The promotion will only be for a limited time only because we can't sustain these low prices indefinitely. However, we really want to get these products out there in the Grom community so people can see for themselves the quality and design which is not easy to see just from the photos. So, please take advantage of this offer while it lasts!

staasilverclose.jpg stepleft.jpg stepright.jpg STAA-0019 - Peg Adjustment.JPG STAA-0019 - Available Positions.JPG

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
270 dollars for fully adjustable step kits with carbon heel guards, choice of colours, trick design, special foot pegs.
Any response would be welcome.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Questions..
With the curved slot, can you adjust how forward or rearward they sit (in addition to flipping the peg height which I understand)?
Is the pictured rear sets in the full rearward or full forward position (or somewhere in between) on the curved slot?
Are the shift lever & brake lever heights adjustable too (splined levers)?

And finally, in the full forward position, how far rearward are they in comparison to the stock pegs.

Nice rear sets for sure - but I gotta ask the details...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
That's a great deal. I already have rear-sets. Im saving for one of your swing arms.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Questions..
With the curved slot, can you adjust how forward or rearward they sit (in addition to flipping the peg height which I understand)?
Is the pictured rear sets in the full rearward or full forward position (or somewhere in between) on the curved slot?

And finally, in the full forward position, how far rearward are they in comparison to the stock pegs.

Thanks
Bump this I'd like to know

·
Registered
964 Posts
Questions..

Thanks
edited delete

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the interest and the questions. Yes, there are ten positions, 5 by rotating the hanger around the bottom mounting point that has the slot cover. 2 by flipping the peg height. This effectively gives you a double arc of 5 positions.

The shift lever, due to the geometry means that you can get a suitable position by lengthening or shortening the link rod and moving the clamp on the spline by one tooth. The brake requires two mounting points on the lever which you can just flip between and all positions in between can be had by adjusting the length of the plunger rod on the thread and lock nut. See diagrams below and fitting instructions here: STAA-0019 - Brake Lever Adjustment.JPG STAA-0019 - Gear Lever Adjustment.JPG

·
Registered
964 Posts
How much higher is the lowest Tyga peg position setting vs the stock peg height.
obviously this is a concern for tall people
you said there are only 2 peg height positions but that still kinda leaves me in the dark

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The peg positions rotate in a double arc and are nowhere near the standard position. I don't have the exact dimensions on me right now but I'll post them here tomorrow if you like. What I can say is the position is a lot further back and we have track and road tested these rear sets with riders of all sizes up to 6'1'' For taller guys, i am not sure that any set up on a Grom is going to be really spacious. Our 6'1'' rider did many hours at the go kart track and he has a bad knee so we put it at the least radical position which is fully forward and down and it still gave plenty of ground clearance fully lent in the turns. More clearance could be had by removing the hole covers on the pegs and moving them inboard but that wasn't needed. For street riding, this position is plenty spacious for me 5'11''. Not sure how tall you are but hope that reassures you until I get the figures tomorrow.

What I actually meant above about the positions was that there are ten positions, not specifically 2 for up and down and five for front and back. By moving the peg position in the 'upper' or 'lower' hole you are in fact moving it from the outer to the inner arc or the other way round. In the highest position, the peg adjustment is more for front and back adjustment because the hanger is rotated round at an angle and in the lower position more up and down. Conversely, the movement at the bottom of the arc, the slot adjustment is more for horizontal at the lowest and more vertical at the highest position. It might sound unconventional using polar coordinates instead of cartesian coordinates but you end up with just as many if not more useful positions but in a more compact and elegant package by doing away with that nasty grid of unused holes that you see so often on rear sets.

·
Banned
489 Posts
So even in the most relaxed position they are 13 mm shorter than stock?

If so, and because I won't be carving corners so hard I'm scraping the pegs and I'm 100% secure in my masculinity, who makes a setup that lowers (relaxes) the pegs? I'm taller, already sit towards the back of the seat and for extended rides I get a stitch in my side from a old injury. I just can't fold myself up on a crotch rocket anymore. I just want to pop around on it and have fun. For myself, it's not a kart/track bike and as popular as this bike is, there's got to be people that feel the same. I think of it as a small bike with a big bike attitude. So anyone else feel the same looking for a little more clearance in the peg to seat dimension? Any suggestions for the Grom?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tyga rearset help

Here are the positions compared to standard:

highest position we’re looking at Approx 150mm back and 50mm up

Lowest position is about 130 back and 13 up.

Now place your order ;)

So so I know this is a little off topic but I can't seem to find the answer.
i have a set of tyga rearsets and what do you do with the rear brake light switch?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts