Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Im trying to clean the oil spinner at 5k miles and something come out after pull out the oil spinner cover..Does anyone know what is this? its look like a bearing parts? And i notice my

And i noticed there are some scratch on the clutch plate cover?May i know what is this little things from?thank you

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
903 Posts
That definitely looks like a roller out of a roller bearing...really hard to say where it came from.

Reactions: Chillis

·
Registered
644 Posts
Looks a lot like a needle bearing to me. Maybe others who have completely disassembled one of these engines will have an opinion. The scratches may just be tooling marks, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
672 Posts
The only needle roller bearing is on the starter clutch gear which is behind the flywheel.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I wondered if it could be a pin like that. I didn’t think about the one on the oil pump gear. The bike has 5000 miles, though. Surely the story would have included the little detail of the completely destroyed engine, from the oil pump not working.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
672 Posts
I wondered if it could be a pin like that. I didn’t think about the one on the oil pump gear. The bike has 5000 miles, though. Surely the story would have included the little detail of the completely destroyed engine, from the oil pump not working.
Possible someone swapped the pump and may have left that piece in there.

The other 'pin' is on the oil pump drive gear off of the crank but it is short and stubby.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Possible someone swapped the pump and may have left that piece in there.

The other 'pin' is on the oil pump drive gear off of the crank but it is short and stubby.
Honda may have included a spare pin with this bike, you know, just in case...lol.

Reactions: Chillis

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oh wow, lucky it didn't do more damage than shown.

I haven't split open any Grom engines so I don't know, but it does look like part of a Ford transmission park pawl lol :

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like a needle bearing to me, pretty strange its only 1 cuz normally its like an explosion all the needles goes everywhere if you try to remove them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts