Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealer and put down $500 dollars for a grom. talked the guys ear off for about a half hour.

He said that they will have them in their show room by the end of july. I was the second guy on the list he said. But forth bike reserved.. I said," wait what?" He told me that a guy came in and wants three of them. gave a deposit for each. SOAB. So I said to him why three. and he says well one in each color.....

Nearly shite my pants. He said theres Red, Black and WHITE

So I argued with him saying that there is no white on the website and he made me walk into his office and see the invoice/fax from Honda.

Clearly stated (BLK; RED; WTE) So unless WTE stands for some other mystery I will be getting a white grom. In NJ.

If you are the other guy that put a deposit down @ Monmouth Cycles in NJ let me know! we can ride when they come out.

Well now on to the shitty news. After I left Monmouth CYCLES my father calls me only to tell me that my co-worker got killed on his motorcycle last night, driving to LBI. Put knots in my stomach and now I really don't know what to do. Guess I have some time to soak that in till the grom comes. But its really hard for me to even think about riding right now with a friend lost like that... and he was on yammi cruiser. :confused:

·
Registered
677 Posts
just called my dealership and said "IF THERE IS WHITE ORDER THAT INSTEAD OF BLACK" lol.

sorry to hear the friend. anything can happen. bikes are just a little less forgiving than cars. ive had about 3-4 friends die on bikes. sucks. but i dont like NOT doing things because of other peoples experiences. otherwise i wouldnt drive, would eat, wouldnt sleep.... if it happens to me, its meant to be. keep your head up, keep your eyes out for others, and wear your gear

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Not much words can do but I would say just leave your deposit on it and see how things settle for you. I have lost friends and family riding, twice I was there when it happened, very sad but I had to make my own peace with it. I still ride daily, and year round here in MD... day, night, sunny, rain, light snow, hot, cold, etc. Riding is in my blood and I love it, I can't be without a bike (or 3), I have tried a couple times in my life to sell all my bikes and get into something else (Jeeps for instance) but nothing does the trick like a bike.

Sorry to ramble there.

Onto the good news... congrats on the Grom... and man getting white here would be sick... time for me to go back to the wife and see which one she likes best now black or white and then check with my deslership again. Thanks for posting!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
The owner of the shop I ordered mine asked if I wanted black or red. Didn't mention anything about white. I'll have to call and ask. I would definitely change to the white one if that is true.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I still want black.

Sorry about your buddy. Motorcycles are dangerous. They were dangerous before you started riding and they will be dangerous after you stop. It is what it is. I accepted that years ago when I took up the sport. I too have had several friends killed in MC accidents. Seems like a lot but it is only because once you get involved in bikes you start to know a lot of other folks who ride so when someone dies it is usually someone you know and have considered a friend. No way around it but we can minimize the dangers. I NEVER drink and ride, not one beer and I ALWAYS wear a helmet.

Good luck on getting the white.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I went to my dealer and put down $500 dollars for a grom. talked the guys ear off for about a half hour.

He said that they will have them in their show room by the end of july. I was the second guy on the list he said. But forth bike reserved.. I said," wait what?" He told me that a guy came in and wants three of them. gave a deposit for each. SOAB. So I said to him why three. and he says well one in each color.....

Nearly shite my pants. He said theres Red, Black and WHITE

So I argued with him saying that there is no white on the website and he made me walk into his office and see the invoice/fax from Honda.

Clearly stated (BLK; RED; WTE) So unless WTE stands for some other mystery I will be getting a white grom. In NJ.

If you are the other guy that put a deposit down @ Monmouth Cycles in NJ let me know! we can ride when they come out.

Well now on to the shitty news. After I left Monmouth CYCLES my father calls me only to tell me that my co-worker got killed on his motorcycle last night, driving to LBI. Put knots in my stomach and now I really don't know what to do. Guess I have some time to soak that in till the grom comes. But its really hard for me to even think about riding right now with a friend lost like that... and he was on yammi cruiser. :confused:
Any way you can get a copy of the fax, that would be awesome for us to post up here on the site.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I double checked invoice before I left today and I only see Red/Black. I would love to see the sheet he has though...

I'll call my Honda Rep Tuesday and ask him to verify the colors we're getting in the states and that'll put an end to any speculation. Sadly, over the years I've seen some dealers create some odd rumors and do it just for fun.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll take a screenshot of the invoice we see and post it up so you guys can see Red/Black are the only colors listed.
Thanks man I'd appreciate it. I literally wanted to yell at this kid that was telling me there was white. I hope I am wrong. But if Honda Doesn't have it on their cite I doubt my dealer is right. I'll give them a call to next week to see if another salesman says anything different.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I called my guy about it also. He will give me the straight dope and I will tell you as soon as I know. Im partial to the white as well m

·
Registered
677 Posts
all i said is "i know you should be able to order them within the next week or 2, so IF, and i mean IF they happen to have white as an option, i want that. otherwise ill stick with black"

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Alright guys, here is the current invoice sheet showing all 2014 street models that have had their info released so far, and their colors. Sorry but I had to clear out a few fields to keep Honda from knocking down my door tonight haha. If you're wondering what the "E" means, it stands for 2014 model.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you're wondering what the "E" means, it stands for 2014 model.
I'm trying to figure out what the "L" means on the CTX700 models. There's the "N" for the naked body and the "D" for the dual clutch transmission, but I'm not aware of any "L" designation. I only ask, because I just bought a CTX700N yesterday, and will also be getting a Grom.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what the "L" means on the CTX700 models. There's the "N" for the naked body and the "D" for the dual clutch transmission, but I'm not aware of any "L" designation. I only ask, because I just bought a CTX700N yesterday, and will also be getting a Grom.
"L" = California model
"L" Can also = Street Legal model when used with models like the CRF250L & XR650L.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts