Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have ordered 3 sets of mirrors and they all have had the same problem. Cosmetically they all look awesome, but when I install them all I can see is my shoulders even which tweaking the position and honestly its starting to grind my gears lol. For reference, I do have broad shoulders, but there has to be another option out there. Any suggestions (not bar ends)? If things fail I will go back to stock unfortunately as they do work well, but not aesthetically. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
this is what avr is probably talking about

extenders.jpg

i have a set and it makes a huge difference. like you have found, most mirrors do not extend far enough to get good visibility. these will help.

·
Registered
286 Posts
aka motorcycle mirror extenders. They're all over ebay, they extend the mirror perch out to around 2-2.5" forward/sideways. I have a pair and they work great, you want to get size M10 x 1.25, regular thread. But you want mirrors with the longest stem, such as the KTM 6804P, which have extendable stems and they can fold in on the fly (perfect for lanesplitting).

But have you tried the stock mirror mod? Just bend the mirrors 90* lol. It may work for you paired with the mirror extenders.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aka motorcycle mirror extenders. They're all over ebay, they extend the mirror perch out to around 2-2.5" forward/sideways. I have a pair and they work great, you want to get size M10 x 1.25, regular thread. But you want mirrors with the longest stem, such as the KTM 6804P, which have extendable stems and they can fold in on the fly (perfect for lanesplitting).

But have you tried the stock mirror mod? Just bend the mirrors 90* lol. It may work for you paired with the mirror extenders.
Perfect!! So from there after buying the extenders you just pick up a pair of aftermarket mirrors? I only have one stock mirror unfortunately.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
YUp, good luck!
Wow those bad larrys are $100. I have no need for foldable mirrors as I don't lanesplit and have plenty of room in my garage. Do you happen to have another suggestion for a pair of mirrors like that (long stem) a little cheaper? Thanks again!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts