Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my phone call from Bryan over at Southside Honda at around noon today. I was on my lunch break and could not concentrate at work the next couple of hours so I just left early to go get it! First of all, Bryan over at Southside Honda is great. I have nothing but good things to say about them over there but that will be saved for another thread!

They got one Grom in (mine) and he said that people were offering more than I was going to pay for it, but I came home with it for about $3400 OTD. (I think I got rkwfxd's black one :p )

Grom #84

I will keep this short and sweet.

When I went to pick it up, it was raining of course so I just went straight to wrenching and put on the Composimo Tidy Tail and my Tyga Maggot. Initially the bike is super quiet. So quiet, you can barely hear it, BUT the Tyga Maggot totally woke it up. It is real throaty sounding now (and loud)! I love it. I will upload a video tomorrow.

So much fun. I have no complaints but I didn't really push it hard tonight because the roads were wet, so the more I ride it, the more I will update this thread.

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Windshield Luxury vehicle Display device Auto part Speedometer Technology Odometer Automotive tire Tire Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

I am too tired to rotate pictures so deal with it (long weekend and work early today was a killer).

I will take more and better pictures tomorrow when the sun is out and with an actual camera!

:) :) :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Maybe maybe maybe that means I'm right behind you tomorrow in Hammond. They said it was "on the truck" last week. We'll see. Might be hitting you up for advice on the tidy tail install. Think I can handle my Tyga carbon fiber slip on by myself.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slip on is nothing! The tidy tail isn't bad once you figure out all the other one comes apart. I was scratching my head for a few minutes on that one! Also, my aftermarket blinkers do blink without having to buy a flasher.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congrats!

Mine should be available Wednesday. The suspense and seeing everyone else get theirs is killing me!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
looks yet another person that got suckered into buying the slower black grom! when will ya'll start listening...

:)

southern,

have fun and becareful!

is it suppose to clear up from u on wed too?

it has been raining here houston since sun! 4 days of no riding; that just sucks!!!

a grom just doesnt belong in a garage... it belongs on the road!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Must of started raining Sunday afternoon because we left Houston around 3:30pm and it was overcast but not raining!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Too bad it has been damp there. I have been riding mine every day and sometimes twice a day. It is just too much fun. Exactly the way I thought it would be.

Reactions: SouthernGrom

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The worst part is seeing your dealerships FB page showing a Grom in a crate being delivered and saying it's in but when you call they say oh no that is our other dealership 30 mins away and your bike isn't in yet. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts