Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out to the garage to see if the TBParts slip on I have laying around for a Z50 will work... and no luck, there's a bend that ruins that. So I was thinking and realized that I have a big bore low exhaust that I had bought for my 69 Z50 that I never put on. I thought that it might even work on this GROM! I think I may give it a shot this week. Sorry about the blurry pictures, they didn't look blurry when I took them on the phone. I got this exhaust because it looked old school, but it might just fit the bill for this thing. I'll have to modify the rear mount, but that's about it, I think.

Opinions?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I couldn't help myself. I was taking the reflectors off and that exhaust kept staring at me daring me to put it on.

The geometry is a little off. It needs a deeper bend and a new tab to mount it would be nice. I'm thinking of trying the exhaust that's on my black Z50 tomorrow to see if it's any better. See pictures and video below.

Click on these... they are videos.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bottom two are actually videos... you have to click them because I'm an idiot and have no clue how to embed the video.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And thanks... but it really needs to be tighter up to the motor so I can lean on left hand turns. I certainly can't hit some stairs or jump curbs.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Grind the head pipe at an angle, that way it sits closer to the motor. Know what I mean?

The part that bolts to the head, where the exhaust gasket goes, grind that at an angle. That would angle the exhaust where you need it. (Worth a shot)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a good idea... But I don't know that I can give it the edge it needs for a tight seal. I'll ponder it today, thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be swapping over this evening to see how it works out. I kind of hope it works, cause I really wanted to use this old school pipe for the 69. I might have to modify it to work well with the 69, though.

Try the other pipe. There are a lot of pipes like that out there and if it fits better, - boom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts