Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We, um.... Raced it with 4Nine's 1978 CB125 S. I am sure that you watched the video before you have gotten to my drivel, so you already know the outcome, and as everyone expected, 2014 beats 1978. But what surprised me was actually how close they were. I have not gotten them on the scales or anything, but I imagine that the Grom is a little heavier than the CB125 S. That is of course just a wild guess.

I think that I am going to get lucky enough to get some seat time on El C's Grom, and some time on the Honda "Red Dragon" CB125 S, and see what exactly has changed in nearly 4 decades. Fingers crossed for that. I am going to be hard pressed to wrench the key out of El C's hand, but maybe, just maybe I can steal it for a day or so to really live with it.

And yes we know that we are not "technically" done with the break in period, so spare that comment. Also, the video was taken on private land on a paved stretch that ends in trees, so no humans, animals, or Groms were harmed in the filming of this video.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Very nice. You know, the Grom might stay even with a Ninja 250r to about 50 mph. The Ninja 250r is not very fast off the line as many of us know.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Haha very nice! Vids like this are right up my alley!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really want to roadrace one. WERA is talking about adding a spec class for the Grom next year....hmmmmm.....will I be coming out of retirement?? :D
I'm in. We are trying to do something similar at TMGP. Get some!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
that looked like fun.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Might have been a lot closer if you'd raced an early 70's CB-100. Honda's small vertical motors actually got slower as the 70's went on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts