Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
No but I plan to change it BEFORE I have 100 miles on it. My first ride today will be in the 30 +/- mile range and I will change it after that.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
As hard as ill run mine coming home, I plan on doing the same
The dealer is about four miles down the street on a 45 mph mostly level street. I turning right. Going up into the hills and canyons where I can really stretch the throttle cable and get in some good compression braking for those rings. Shold be fun.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Tell us about the particulates.
Well I was doing the oil change on the clock at work so I didn't really have time to peruse the oil. Gave it a quick once over and didn't notice anything. Just clean oil. Sure I could have found something if I looked for more than a second, but working at a Honda dealership I am not too worried about it.

Are u guys just gonna drain an fill?
As opposed to what?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've changed the oil about 6 times so far. 1 quart fills it. I recommend installing a magnetic drain plug. I found quite a bit of metallic residue stuck to it so far.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I was doing the oil change on the clock at work so I didn't really have time to peruse the oil. Gave it a quick once over and didn't notice anything. Just clean oil. Sure I could have found something if I looked for more than a second, but working at a Honda dealership I am not too worried about it.

As opposed to what?
As opposed to drain fill clean spinner. I'm jus curious to see how to clean the spinner. Where it is etc etc.

Or how ofter is the spinner thing supposed to be cleaned.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It has a oil screen that you can take side cover off and clean it but ill do that later in time plus another piece read it last night ill take a pic of it in the service man

·
Registered
659 Posts
You have to remove the r. crankcase cover to get to the oil spinner so yes you need to do it after the crankcase oil is drained. The spinner also has a gasket. I wouldn't want to do the spinner without these two gaskets and they aren't available yet that I've found. Can't even find part. no. I'm pretty sure you would wipe it out with a microfiber cloth, then put some new oil in it and see if you could get any more gunk out of it. It shows you exactly how to get to it in the Service Manual avail. from Helm. Cleaning the spinner isn't scheduled until 7500 mi. but I will probably do mine at 2500 miles. I'll likely change to the spark plug for harder riding at that time too.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts