Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I've noticed that the SMR 6 plate clutch is out of stock for God knows how long and it's the clutch for high up motors so how does the koso compare to it does it slip on big bore/4v engines ? I really need to swap my clutch since the Barnett is slipping from day one.
Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have no experience with either but I'm running stock plates on a 4 valve setup with 15$ Kitaco springs (+60%?), never had any kind of slippage.

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Stock plates are ok, but do get at lease the 60% stronger springs and the Koso or RPM clutch spring plate, it is stronger than the stock spring plate and will not snap your spring tabs off.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
I think its worth it personally. I have tried the OEM pack, Barnett plates, and now the SMR. I think the SMR paired with 60% Kitaco springs are the way to go, makes the Groms clutch feel closer to a big bike. Engagement is smooth and positive with this setup. I had slippage problems with the Barnett plates and EBC springs with my BBK.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed as koso clutch and lifter plate .... i do not recommen. Ended up returning and buy smr spring and clucth with chimera plate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts