Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I frequent about 5-8 forums a day and write posts... for some reason on this forum... whenever I type a message to post or send PM... the typing doesn't keep up with the keys I hit. Odd thing I've only ever encountered on here. Takes 3x as long to post this message due to have to retype words that miss letters I've pressed. Just putting it out there as an issue. Its almost like the typing is lagged.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
i actually experienced this on my fathers laptop once, using IE. I figured it was an issue with his keyboard, but i instead typed my post up in notepad which worked fine. Try a different browser?

·
Registered
108 Posts
IE has caused all sorts of issues on our various sites, unfortunately. I've adopted Chrome as my primary browser, backed up with Firefox. Neither has caused what you're seeing, and I've seen that complaint before when using IE. I don't know if Edge is any better or not...I'm not going back to a M$ browser!

·
Registered
273 Posts
IE has caused all sorts of issues on our various sites, unfortunately. I've adopted Chrome as my primary browser, backed up with Firefox. Neither has caused what you're seeing, and I've seen that complaint before when using IE. I don't know if Edge is any better or not...I'm not going back to a M$ browser!
Use Chrome. I've had it for many years and I've never had any compatibility issues with it. Plus, it's faster than other browsers.

IE just plain sucks and Edge is still buggy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've experienced this before on other forums. I was able to fix it at the time with a full Windows reinstall. One of the Windows files the browser used has become corrupted. Tried all kinds of fixes when I was happening to me and the only thing that did it was a os reinstall. Other than that I agree with chrome, never had a single issue, just works.

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Hey, I frequent about 5-8 forums a day and write posts... for some reason on this forum... whenever I type a message to post or send PM... the typing doesn't keep up with the keys I hit. Odd thing I've only ever encountered on here. Takes 3x as long to post this message due to have to retype words that miss letters I've pressed. Just putting it out there as an issue. Its almost like the typing is lagged.
Hey there,

As mentioned above, it could be a browser issue.
What browser are you using when you experience the slow typing?

Something that may help, is trying clearing your cache and cookies if you have not done so for a while.
Let me know if that helps clear things up.

Richard.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Chrome for the win. No issues with Chrome. Only time I ever used IE was to download Chrome.

·
Administrator
142 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the same problem but the first line works fine.

After that it slowed down.

May have fixed with compatibility view. but now the site is jumbled.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
So, it happened to me today, Google Chrome. It's a new pretty badass computer too. Typing was so ridiculously slow I couldn't comment to say that it was happening. I had 5 tabs open, and it was only on this forum. Nothing else was slow. The typing was so slow I got frustrated and just left the site for the rest of the (work) day. Hopefully it's better tomorrow. Working fine on the app I'm using now.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I clear my cookies and history every day. It's a work computer haha. Working fine today. Yesterday was bad though, to the point that the site was unusable.

I'm on the forum every day and have been since I joined. Yesterday was the first time it happened.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the same issue here at work. It's gotten to the point where I just type my message in wordpad, copy it, and paste it into the reply box.
Saves lots of people from hearing me swear, LOL...
(IE here at work, no issues at home on Chrome)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have the same issue here at work. It's gotten to the point where I just type my message in wordpad, copy it, and paste it into the reply box.
Saves lots of people from hearing me swear, LOL...
(IE here at work, no issues at home on Chrome)
I have to do this now too. The typing is ridiculous. I tried getting rid of cookies and history again, but to no avail. It's weird how it happened all of the sudden. I never had issues before and now it's so bad I can't hardly use the site.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts