Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
figured I'd start one of these up to keep track of stuff.

Got mine on 8/23/2013. Received my Tyga package the same day and pretty much installed everything.

Goodies included. full set white plastics and various cnc parts that tyga carried, which are actually made by a Thai company called Bikers. All of them are pretty top notch and the red anodize on them matches, which was a plus for me.
clutch adjuster, clutch and brake levers, oil inspection caps, steering stem nut, rear brake and caliper clamps.

I'll take some better photos later during the week.

first few are when i first got it home

image_5.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

The night i brought it home was the night it went white and safely parked in my bedroom... haha
image_3.jpeg

quick cruise up the street

image_2.jpeg

Another cruise up turnbull canyon to see what the little grom was made of

image.jpeg

Up Chantry Flats with my brother in Arcadia.

image_1.jpeg

Up GMR with my brother and another friend.

gmr.jpeg

·
Registered
84 Posts
nice man thanks for sharing! BTW how was GMR on the Groms? What did you guys do with the bigger bikes around....just stay to the side and let them pass?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not bad, we're slow so it's really no big deal for them to pass us in a short straight.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have yet to see another Grom on the road. Looks like you guys are having fun.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sure do, here they are. Thanks for the comments. Waiting on more goodies as we speak, got the fender installed in a couple minutes the same day, but failed to get a photo. Part is top notch quality, my clear on the CF was a little dull though, so i pulled out the rotary buffer with some swirl remover and gave it a nice buff job.

6.jpeg

image_1(1).jpeg

also included a photo of what i plan on doing as far as a custom exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Oh my! The white looks delicious. How were you guys lucky enough to get all 3 at the same time??!?!!? Lucky man, lucky. Totally awesome to have someone to cruise with. Can't wait to see more mods. Yours is coming along really well. Love it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks ! my brother and i put deposits down at Honda of Glendale and my other two friends put deposits down at Whittier Fun Center. We all managed to get $3800 OTD too, Glendale set the bar then Whittier price matched for us. This was 3-4 months ago though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow those are great deals...I'm glad to hear not everyone in CA is getting totally ripped off. just slightly compared to other states.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm back for vacation until the end of Sept. I'll probably hit up a few rides and shows, like Joe's Mini Reunion. Hopefully, I'll catch you at a red light around the SGV!

I was actually 3rd on the list at Honda of Glendale. Glad you guys were the first 2.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice Phong, love that little shop. Will definitely be going back if I ever buy another Honda.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
painted the front turn signal brackets matte black the other day, not sure how i feel about it yet...

image(1).jpeg
image_1(2).jpeg

also snapped one of the tyga, cf monster style front fender.

image_2(2).jpeg

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the bike back from Steady Garage for my custom stainless exhaust today, sounds pretty awesome. Just need to make a little video tomorrow for everyone.

Got my frame/case sliders installed while I was waiting for them to finish my brothers bike and had them help me mount up my 120/80/12 Dunlop TT92's Front and Rear. Clearance with my Tyga Monster CF front fender is mere millimeters, but goddamn does it look good. Whole bike is 10mm taller around around due to bumping the aspect from 70 to 80. Haven't been able to push the bike much with the tires yet, Will get somemore better photos tomorrow. My Grom has that mean motard look now with these badboys though.

dunlops.jpeg

·
Registered
245 Posts
got the bike back from steady garage for my custom stainless exhaust today, sounds pretty awesome. Just need to make a little video tomorrow for everyone.

Got my frame/case sliders installed while i was waiting for them to finish my brothers bike and had them help me mount up my 120/80/12 dunlop tt92's front and rear. Clearance with my tyga monster cf front fender is mere millimeters, but goddamn does it look good. Whole bike is 10mm taller around around due to bumping the aspect from 70 to 80. Haven't been able to push the bike much with the tires yet, will get somemore better photos tomorrow. My grom has that mean motard look now with these badboys though.

View attachment 2675
beast mode!

1 - 20 of 181 Posts