Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Qld we can get cheaper rego if the bike is converted to a one seater. Apparently the seat needs to be less than 50cm long (as well as rear footpegs removed). I haven't been able to find any aftermarket seats that fit the bill. Has anyone done this? I'd be interested in how you tackled it. Ie: found an aftermarket seat, or how you modded the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I quite often find myself sitting on the back seat on a longer ride just to let my legs stretch a little. You'd lose that with a rear cowl. Not sure it's really worth it?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I quite often find myself sitting on the back seat on a longer ride just to let my legs stretch a little. You'd lose that with a rear cowl. Not sure it's really worth it?
Not everyone needs to move back to stretch their legs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh, and I'm a shortie anyway. :) I did look at the cowlings but I'm not sure they meet the requirements for single seat. The motor vehicle department can be picky about this stuff. It has to do with insurance, so they want to make sure you don't ever put an extra person on the bike.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Heh, and I'm a shortie anyway. :) I did look at the cowlings but I'm not sure they meet the requirements for single seat. The motor vehicle department can be picky about this stuff. It has to do with insurance, so they want to make sure you don't ever put an extra person on the bike.
It might if you do a little surgery and make it a permanent part of the seat.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Pull the passenger pegs and add the cowl thing? Hard for someone to ride on it without a place to put their feet to stabilize.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I think I'll have to hack on the seat itself. Probably shave off all the foam at the back and recover it. I'd prefer a commercial single seat as it would look better, but if one isn't available.. *shrug*

Although I do like cowlings. :)
matt_ducati_ss400.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes it has to be unbolted to get access. I had mine on and then took it off for that reason. If you don't need to get under the seat often then it is a nice option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw on another forum where a guy took a mould of the seat and made a cover the was screwed under the seat.

Basically made it so that the back was hard fiberglass and he got away with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts