Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to add a cam to my Grom. I was wondering if I should upgrade anything else while I’m in there. I’m not wanting to do much to the poor fella on the account that I’m not super motor savvy and I’d like to keep it reliable and simple to a extent. I’m also investing in a pcv.

Current mods
Zoom straight exhaust
Chimera intake
Cj racing reflashed ecu

·
Registered
679 Posts
Take a poll, a lot of people on here seem to prefer the aracer to the pcv. You may be better off starting in that direction.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If you can only imagine how many times the phrase "while I am in there" has hurt my wallet..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yep. Look into the aRacer if you plan to do more modifications in the future.

If you think you are going to call it quits after the camshaft, I would contact Cameron Jones to see if he has a flash for your setup. Since you already have a CJR reflashed ECU, I think he only charges $15 to change to a different tune. It doesn’t get any cheaper than that.

The power commander seems to be falling out of favor with this crowd.

Reactions: Ninelives17

·
Registered
426 Posts
Look, this is a deep rabbit hole that starts out with a couple of mods, leading to a nearly completely different bike eventually.

I started out saying the same thing you are. Many of the mods only improve reliability. You get sucked into them, thinking you are only making the bike stronger and better. It’s fun, but nearly endless.

Before long, it was clutch springs and lifter plate, oil pump, cam chain tensioner, etc.

Unlike some addictions, at least I’m not committing crime for money to fund my Grom Upgrayedd addiction...

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're replacing the cam... you'll need a tune or something. You mentioned the PCV... not sure if you've purchased this or not, but I think most people go with either aRacer or with a CJR or DHM ECU tune.

On that note, if you're replacing the ECU and have the plastic off... may as well do the intake.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Look, this is a deep rabbit hole that starts out with a couple of mods, leading to a nearly completely different bike eventually.

I started out saying the same thing you are. Many of the mods only improve reliability. You get sucked into them, thinking you are only making the bike stronger and better. It’s fun, but nearly endless.

Before long, it was clutch springs and lifter plate, oil pump, cam chain tensioner, etc.

Unlike some addictions, at least I’m not committing crime for money to fund my Grom Upgrayedd addiction...
Same here. I started with just a cam, reflashed ECU and modded air intake/exhaust too and then renforcing the bike.. but it wasn't enough ... still needed more ^^

·
Registered
679 Posts
YET.................LOL

Reactions: Phoenix

·
Registered
120 Posts
Remove the airbox for good and mount the Chrysler radiator hose over the intake with a uni filter that fits. Then get a pv3 to do anything you want with the ecu and bump the rev limit to 10k rpm. Definitely needed mo matter what is an upgraded rear chain and the upgraded chain adjusters. Kitaco clutch cover that removes the oil spinner is a no brainer for extra free revin and while you're at that get the frame mount and oil cooler to go along with it. Frame supported oil cooler bolts right into those airbox threads and doubles as support structure for the air scoops. My Grom does 74 mph gps with those mods with custom mounted speed screen.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Do you have a picture of the screen on your bike? Have you done before and after speed testing? I have often wondered if a screen would help or hurt my top speed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
YET.................LOL
I’ll be on the National News.....

BREAKING NEWS

.....After a years long, unrelenting crime spree, Upgrayedd was finally caught. What started out as seemingly innocent upgrades for his motorcycle, led to a life of deceit, conspiracy, theft, and wanton violence.

At the time of his arrest, Upgrayedd was in possession of 6 Titanium Dinger Built Intakes, Multiple DCR Cams, 3 Kitaco Neo Big Bore Kits, 2 Hindle Exhausts, 5 ARacer ECUs, and an entire shipping container of Kitaco Clutch Covers. Authorities have stated that the recent world wide shortage of Kitaco Clutch Covers was due solely to Upgrayedd’s insatiable appetite for Honda Grom performance parts.

With overwhelming evidence, literally stacked against him, Upgrayedd has pled guilty. In a pre-trial statement, Upgrayedd’s attorney, Frito Pendejo, said they would be asking Judge Hank “The Hangman” BMW for a night of Rehabilitation as punishment for his crimes. Judge BMW is widely expected to grant the defense’s request, due to the Judge owning a majority stake in the Rehabilitation franchise. Upgrayedd’s legal team has requested multiple translators be present in the courtroom, due to the deterioration of the English language into a hybrid of hillbilly, valley girl, inner city slang, and various grunts.

Rehabilitation spokesperson, and “Ow My Balls” star, Hormel Chavez, said Thursday night’s showdown would feature Upgrayedd facing off against Tylenol Jones. Rumor has it, that Beef Supreme may come out of retirement, for a double dose of ass blasting and dildozing punishment. The first 100 spectators through the door will receive a coupon for one free Starbucks with extra foam.

The Fox News Senior Legal Analyst and former Brawndo Corporation CEO, has stated that the only thing that could save Upgrayedd at this point, would be a Full Presidential Pardon.

That seems unlikely. In a statement released late this afternoon from the White House, President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho was explicitly clear, after consultation with his most trusted advisor and smartest guy in the world, Not Sure, the only way Upgrayedd could avoid certain death from a night of Rehabilitation, would be for him to solve pressing starvation problems that have plagued society in recent years, like we be runnin’ out of french fries and burrito coverings. Upgrayedd is not expected to even attempt such a monumental endeavor, reportedly stating, “I don’t know nothing bout’ growin’ no crops”.

Reactions to Upgrayedd’s arrest have been mixed. Many Gromers had come to view Upgrayedd as a sort of hero. Fellow Gromer, Phoenix, said in an interview, “The guy had his flaws, but you just can’t deny the humor he brought to HondaGrom.net. His attention to detail was unmatched. Upgrayedd’s passion for upgrading was contagious. Many Gromers want to see him go free”.

A former employee of Upgrayedd’s, who only goes by the name, Rita, told Fox News that Upgrayedd had a troubled upbringing. Growing up in a neighborhood that was largely devastated by the Great Garbage Avalanche of 2505, Upgrayedd was left hustling at an early age. Eventually he found his niche with a successful pimping business.

This story is ongoing and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Stay tuned to the Violence Channel for updates.

Brought to you by Carl’s Junior.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You are going to make me watch it again......lol,

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ok now I need to see this movie.
Oh yeah, I’m assigning you some home work. You and the girlfriend have got to watch Idiocracy. Pay close attention to all the little details. I discover funny stuff that I previously missed everytime I watch it. It was pulled from the movie theaters after about a week.

Mike Judge is a genius. Office Space is another great Mike Judge movie.

Idiocracy is a masterpiece...lol

Reactions: Phoenix

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you have a picture of the screen on your bike? Have you done before and after speed testing? I have often wondered if a screen would help or hurt my top speed.
I looks better I think with the speed screeen and I hit the rev limiter in 4th at 74 mph gps with it on. I've had so many bikes over the years and have changed screens on most. Going through my collection, I found the Kawasaki zzr 600 from 2005 to 2008 fits perfectly with zip ties. (previous zx-6r from 98 to 02 had a metal frame support for screen don't think it'll work as good) Mirrors are DRZ400 mirrors, screw right into the threads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts