Honda Grom banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Yesterday I was riding the bike around everything was fine and then I stopped went in a store and came out and started to ride again but when I got back on bike did not want to shift up. It will still shift up with alot of force and high in the rpms so it was possible to get home. Once I got home I tried to figure the problem out but got no where. The bike shifts fine when it is off. But will not shift up with the bike turned on. Seemed to shift down fine. When you do shift up while engine is running. It feels as if the shifter is being pushed into something. Its got a lot of Resistance and doesnt have the click feel of it going into a gear. What can I look at or try before having to take it up to the stealership?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked the clutch adjustments all seems good. The actual lever looks fine. The Rod looks fine. I think it has something to do with the clutch since it will shift fine when turned off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chain slack is good. maybe little loose but within specs. I can shift up with or without clutch when on but it requires a lot of force and doesn't feel good. Feels like its going through very thick slime and doesnt feel like its catching anything but does go into next gear. When bikes turned off it will shift through all the gears with ease.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what I was thinking. Came back out and tried to shift it into neutral from first when I got on and it didn't seem to budge. Figured it was nothing and just neutral being a pain in the ass like normal. So i took off and then noticed shifting into second it was very hard to do. Pulled over and tried going through gears stopped and wasnt happening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts