Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shifter is sticking when I shift. For example, when shifting from 2->3 after shifting up, I have to nudge to shifter back to its resting place before shifting up again. Has anyone else seen this??

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on checking the linkage and seeing of just the shaft in the engine will return. I can't mess with it till Christmas but I'm trying to get ideas before I try to use the warranty on it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
samsonjohn said:
i actually got really lucky. The dealer said return spring everyone did. It turns out or that's what I think. The shifter shaft or shifter assembly or the rear set, something was bent and binding. After getting pissed and grabbing the whole thing and yanking on it it must have bent back into place and after riding a few miles was back to butter smooth shifts
Reply from another.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Start with easy stuff - is the linkage dry, or the pedal bearing gone dry on the footrest?
question! I’m completely new to anything to do with clutch stuff. Just bought a grom and it has a super stiff shifter... I know this may not be the correct term but it takes a lot of force to shift gears. Any recommendations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts