Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TB cam, DHM flashed ECU, Dinger short ram intake, Zoom loop exhaust, Clutch cover installed.

Was riding downtown with buddies and my grom starts to burn oil at every light. We thought it was fuel because of the lighting and smell at the time, but get to my house and it is smoking on idle. The motor has 2.3k on it. and the cam setup only has 500 miles on it and the bike still runs fine it smokes though when you ride it for a while.

Now i live in SC and the temps right now are pretty damn hot in the middle of the day.

Talked with a couple friends and i have vented the crankcase. What other damage am i looking at?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
1. Valve Seals/guides
2. Crank Gasket on clutch side leaking
3. Low compression (rings/bore)
4. Valve seats

It is one of the above.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is it burning oil internally or is there a leak and it's burning when it drips on say the exhaust?

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
If the crank case vent hose is going into your airbox/intake that is where the oil is coming from that is being burnt, if not your engine has low compression which produces blow-by and burning oil.

Check your spark plug color for oil on it, do a compression check or a leak down check.

Good luck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If the crank case vent hose is going into your airbox/intake that is where the oil is coming from that is being burnt, if not your engine has low compression which produces blow-by and burning oil.

Check your spark plug color for oil on it, do a compression check or a leak down check.

Good luck.
@mistahken - did this occur after oil change, maybe with your clutch cover or cam install? As Cisco suggests, maybe you're venting into the intake, possibly overfilled oil?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is your vent hose routed threw the intake? High revs for a while will cause oil to be pushed out of the cases into the intake.

My buddys built high compression stunt grom does this all the time, everyone on the group rides always think that it blew up lol

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
Is your vent hose routed threw the intake? High revs for a while will cause oil to be pushed out of the cases into the intake.

My buddys built high compression stunt grom does this all the time, everyone on the group rides always think that it blew up lol
If you have a high compression BBK kit engine, do yourself a favor and get a good oil catch can system to redirect the oil mist away from the intake. If you get oil on your piston and piston compression rings over time when the oil builds up and cakes it will cause harm and engine failure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts