Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey good buddies,

I've got a 2017 SF, had for a year and have been installing upgrades when I have the money. So far I've got:

Yoshi exhaust
R&G air filter (no airbox mod)
ASV levers
Power pure tyres
IMS gear lever

I want to try and get the most performance for the money, and plan to continue the upgrades, but not sure what order to do them in.

I'd like to add:
Kitaco clutch cover
CAM
Clutch springs
K&N intake
Power commander

These parts cost quite a lot of money, and I'm not sure if I can get away with having some without the others.

What would you guys recommend doing next? Can I have a new cam with the Yoshi and no power commander or intake for example?

Also plan on getting a new seat but that's not as high priority for me (fat butt cushions me well).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kitaco clutch cover - world wide back order. I've been trying for a little under 2 weeks to dig one up
CAM - depends on how you want the power delivered. Tb cam is great for the price if you want the power past 7k
Clutch springs - go straight to 60% and dont forget an upgraded clutch lifter plate. Personally I've had good luck with the koso
K&N intake - dont bother. Grab yourself an after market intake and call it a day. Or make one, lots of diys how.
Power commander - I dont have any experience in the realm of power commander. I personally run a refreshed ecu from dhm but plan on getting an aracer mini 5.
Clutch cover and springs ( I'd also put a better clutch in while you've got it all apart anyways ) would be a good starting spot as they dont require any tuning.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kitaco clutch cover - world wide back order. I've been trying for a little under 2 weeks to dig one up
CAM - depends on how you want the power delivered. Tb cam is great for the price if you want the power past 7k
Clutch springs - go straight to 60% and dont forget an upgraded clutch lifter plate. Personally I've had good luck with the koso
K&N intake - dont bother. Grab yourself an after market intake and call it a day. Or make one, lots of diys how.
Power commander - I dont have any experience in the realm of power commander. I personally run a refreshed ecu from dhm but plan on getting an aracer mini 5.
Clutch cover and springs ( I'd also put a better clutch in while you've got it all apart anyways ) would be a good starting spot as they dont require any tuning.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you mate. Really appreciate it :)

Yea I thought about getting my ECU flashed and getting the cam with it. Don't want to send mine in though and they are currently oos for a replacement.

Will look for a cheaper intake too!

·
Vendor
1,865 Posts
If you're going to do a lot of modification over time, and it sounds like you are, I'd make a quality tuner that's flexible and easily adaptable over time, priority #1. We're Bazzaz fans, but do the research and form your own opinions. Step 2, I'd go intake and exhaust. At that point, you're making good power and have a base that plays well with anything else you do down the road, such as a cam or big bore.

·
Registered
726 Posts
The next thing you should get is an aRacer Mini5 with the AF1 module. Its expensive, but it will allow you to get the most out of whatever performance parts you add in the future. You'll notice a nice performance gain from the aRacer just by itself.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If you don't plan on doing many mods in the future I go with a cam and a reflash, by far the cheapest option. Not convinced about the TB cam though. If you think you'll do more get the Mini5 and yes it's a lot of money with the AF1.
Regarding the clutch cover if you don't think you'll add a cooler you could have the spinner turned down on a lathe, I have one that's half the weight and I like it on the 125 setup, it revs quicker but it's still smooth.
I'd also do clutch springs for the added feel but would leave the stock plates, no need for more, especially on a 125.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're going to do a lot of modification over time, and it sounds like you are, I'd make a quality tuner that's flexible and easily adaptable over time, priority #1. We're Bazzaz fans, but do the research and form your own opinions. Step 2, I'd go intake and exhaust. At that point, you're making good power and have a base that plays well with anything else you do down the road, such as a cam or big bore.
Thanks for this. Does the bazzaz unit work with the ABS model? Will it allow me to keep the ABS functional?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts