Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm wondering if the chain is suppose to be leaning to one side against the rear sprocket or does this means that my chain adjustment is off?

I have 14T front, stock rear.

The chain when looking at the bottom photo does seems to be slightly curving towards right as it gets closer to front sprocket. Chain tensioner indicator for both side seems to be at the same spot.

It's a fairly new RKM chain which I have rode for about 120miles. I have adjusted twice since then. Chain slack when measured at the top of the swingarm about 35-40mm.

Thank You.
Pete

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,145 Posts

I use this on the first install and then count turns for adjustments after that. Cheap insurance.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've used a similar tool (Chinese copy) with great results.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered RK version as the seller has ready stock. Cost about 7USD.

Okay, I have another dumb question. What are the possibility that the chain is straight but the wheel on the bike isnt? Since I have changed the front sprocket to 14T, would it be possible that the front and rear isn't aligned?

Thank You.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,145 Posts
The rear wheel/sprocket is the only way to align the chain. The chain can't be straight if the wheel isn't. Looks like you are nearly out of adjustment, if you only have 120 miles on the chain you should measure and see if there is enough room to remove 1 more link.

Reactions: nPete
1 - 7 of 7 Posts