Honda Grom banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
They want $25.51 to ship it to me, for a total of $75.51 If you give me your address I can check with the USPS to get a shipping quote to get it to you if you are interested.
Thanks for the reply Buck'. Very kind and considerate of you. Besides yourself, I now have two options. I know a friend of a friend who is a pilot for one of the major airlines. He says he could pick one up for me on one of his trips. Next option would be to wait until I visit the U.S. for the Sturgis Rally in 2023 and in the meantime muddle along with the help of the kind people on this site.

Now some gossip and stuff.

Something is going on in Hondaland in the U.K./E.U. I was told very clearly that Honda E.U. are NOT going to release the Service Manual to us folks. Some rubbish nonsense about Health & Safety. Apparently it is different for the U.S. because of the size of the U.S. and how far apart the dealers are. I call that B.S.! They know that U.S. Honda owners would create a big fuss. That is the more likely story.

Here is the insane part. Why in the heck do Honda give the chain adjustment slack in the Owners Manual but not describe how to do it?! An authoritative dealer told me that Honda don't want people working on their own bike. They want them to take it to a Stealership. Screw that!

And next. Something very fishy is going on with dealers in the U.K. I know one dealer who had the Honda franchise removed and now I hear rumours that one of the largest franchised, solus Honda dealers in the U.K. is also about to lose his dealership - after selling bikes for 30 + years. It is one of the biggest outlets in North West U.K. Two non Honda dealers have confirmed the rumour.

Something is amiss. No doubt something to do with future European wide emission legislation. Maybe they want us all to go electric?

In conclusion. This site will become like gold dust for us Europeans/Brits. The best place to come for advice and technical information.

Thank You Cousins.

:)

·
Registered
2022 Honda Grom SP
49 Posts
UPDATE: So I found a place on Ebay out of San Francisco that sold me the OEM Service Manual for $89. After shipping, this came to be about $105. At the time of purchase they only had 3 left so not sure if they are still available.
I believe that was $105 well spent but that is a matter of personal preference.

@EBR, I did download and save the PDF but do prefer a hard copy. The file doesn't save my spot when my phone screen shuts off so it goes back to page one every time I turn my phone screen back on. This is not helpful in the slightest. I much prefer my hard copy open to the page relevant to the project I am working on at the time as well as having the torque values bookmarked for reassembly. Additionally, I would rather get the manual greasy than my phone. A greasy manual just means it has been used as intended and adds character. I also like to add notes like "don't you dare try to torque the clutch spring/lifter plate retention bolts to 9 ft./lbs!"

·
Registered
101 Posts
On my iPhone and iPad (default app “Books”) it saves the page I was on, even if I open a different pdf then go back to this pdf. I can bookmark pages and mark it up too.
You could print out the pdf too. Luckly I did not pay that much. This is what I payed, June 28, 2021.
2022 GROM 125/A Service Manual @ $11.00 each
Subtotal: $11.00
Shipping: $23.58
Handling: $6.50
Tax: $0.00
Total: $41.08

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is the insane part. Why in the heck do Honda give the chain adjustment slack in the Owners Manual but not describe how to do it?! An authoritative dealer told me that Honda don't want people working on their own bike. They want them to take it to a Stealership. Screw that!
You dont really need a specific workshop manual to adjust the chain on your grom
Nor for many things really

21 - 28 of 28 Posts