Honda Grom banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
thinking of moving down to Vista Calif from San Jose. I like Vista and Carlsbad area a lot, sun, surf, beach and women, what more can you ask for, maybe good drinking water and that is it. Lots of my friends ride their Hayabusas up thur the canyons there and a few ride their groms also.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thinking of moving down to Vista Calif from San Jose. I like Vista and Carlsbad area a lot, sun, surf, beach and women, what more can you ask for, maybe good drinking water and that is it. Lots of my friends ride their Hayabusas up thur the canyons there and a few ride their groms also.
I'm in San Marcos, Vista is our neighbor, i will say its lower cost the San Jose here.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
Lemon Grove checking in. I have heard that there may be a San Diego County Grom group on Facebook, but I have not looked for it yet.
There is a San Diego Grom Riders FB group. But, seems to mainly be questions and people trying to sell their stuff. Like w/ most moto FB groups, gets old quickly, lots of squids and stupidity.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep. I'm looking for a Grom rides. Anyone know of any or this thread dead?
I'm pretty sure it's dead. Maybe all the squids racked up too many hooligan tickets and got out lol. But joking aside, I saw a mob of them about a month or two ago in OB but I was at the dog park. I figure they're still going on, just not sure of how they're organized.

You north county? I'm south of the 94. I can't do anything too spirited because my rear tire is toast and I'm waiting for my Pirelli to come in. :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Another SD guy checking in. There was a couple of groups on FB, but not sure how active they are since I deleted FB.

Hell lets just the three of us meet up, just give me a where and when.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
Hi SD folks. There are quite a few of us still kicking. I recently permanently moved to Mira Mesa.

There is a big Grom/minibike meet hosted annually usually in August organized by local shop Riderzblok, that meets up in Mission Beach and goes up to Mt Soledad. Speaking of Riderzblok, they are a shop located in Miramar with a proper dyno, and they are legends in the mini game, starting from the Ruckus days.

The community is definitely smaller here, but we haven't gone anywhere!

Add me on Instagram @keenan.moi or on FB, same name without the separating period. I don't ride my Grom much on the street anymore, but I would definitely be up for it. Perhaps we can organize a ride up to Julian.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh nice. Glad to hear we still got a pulse. I went to that first one back in like 2017. Maybe by the time we have the next one I’ll have another grom set for stunt.

Julian would be interesting on these things. Just gotta wait til we open up tho.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've also been to ride around the blok, pretty much every year except for 2020.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
Oh nice. Glad to hear we still got a pulse. I went to that first one back in like 2017. Maybe by the time we have the next one I’ll have another grom set for stunt.

Julian would be interesting on these things. Just gotta wait til we open up tho.
I passed through Julian otw to Anza to camp last weekend. Things are pretty much back in full swing after the retail capacity limit was lifted last week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. I'm moving down to the area in late August early sep if anyone wants to meet up pm me would like to get into the scene. Also is there any other groups around?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey guys. I'm moving down to the area in late August early sep if anyone wants to meet up pm me would like to get into the scene. Also is there any other groups around?
PM sent!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts