Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get my Grom I would love to take it cross country through the US. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can install saddle bags? From the looks of it, it doesn't seem likely but figured I'd ask anyway.
Thanks for any help!

Melanie

·
Registered
659 Posts
Looks like the exhaust is going to be in the way. I plan on taking trips too, but I'll use a fanny pack, backpack and tank bag. I know they will work.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
With all the aftermarket manufacturers out there I am sure someone will make something for those who want to do some long distance travel with the Grom.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Saddle bags and touring are both doable, just depends on how many mods you are willing to make. For me, I doubt I will be gone for that about three days at a time on it so a tank bag will be just fine.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I saw one of the UK guys put a large box on his rack. Kind of depends on how much stuff you need when you tour I guess.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You should be able to mount one of those JC Whitney knockoff Givi trunks on a rear rack you can get.

That should allow for lots of touring capacity.

I put a bungee net across the trunk which you can stuff things under.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like the low exhaust, which would be required (or an undertail), to be able to go with saddlebags. Any idea of the make/model of the exhaust and/or saddlebags on that bike?
No clue, I was on a Thai facebook page looking around and saw that, and remembered this thread and had to throw it out there.
Honestly I go on two week trips and pack just a backpack, so I doubt I'd ever need saddle bags. I'm already planning a couple trips for my Grom.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts