Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this posted anywhere, so if it's a re-post, I apologize. My Grom spends many nights uncovered and exposed to the elements and the other day I noticed that the VIN number had some flash/surface rust on it. A quick scrub and some careful touching up so as not to fill in the stamping and she is now rust-free. Just a heads-up. And... I'm out. Walking Dead comes on in less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Use a motorcycle cover and it will help with the elements. When I use to ride my motorcycles to work rain or shine I always covered my motorcycles and it kept it from getting weathered from the elements/rain/wind/etc.

ride safe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a little bit of CLR and one of my softer shop rags (also known as T-shirt cut into squares) and just kept wiping until the rust was gone. Then I took some Dawn dish washing liquid and cleaned up the area to remove the CLR residue. Then I used a very small paint brush I had laying around and some black enamel paint to paint the VIN stamping, being careful not to fill in any of the digits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts