Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just purchased a grom, and it’s had some middling quality issues, the most apparent is rust on the frame.

The bike is 3 days old, and all the welds are discolored and look like they are rusting.

I’ve uploaded an example. More pics to follow.

Anyone experience this issue? I sent Honda an email

Attachments

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Just wash it off and recheck, I have a two 2014 groms that I bought new and yes I seen some rust on the frame and I washed it off I have not seen it since and I ride everyday on those groms rain or shine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I had same issue as you on my brand new 2019 in the exact same shock mounting area that is full of pretty rough welds. At first I thought it was grease, but then realized it appears to be rust. I was pretty irritated but then didn't want to look too anal about the whole thing as the rest of the bike is pretty darn good. After I wax the bike for the first time, I was going to spray some rust preventative (like Bob-Shield T-9 or LPS 3) that dries to a waxy coating in those areas in the hope that it doesn't get any worse. I was glad to see your post...I thought I was the only one who got a brand new Grom with rusty weld areas!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't think it's rust. Looks like some type of alloy for welding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts