Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a new Grom owner and was wondering if it’s safe for the bike to be driving at 45mph for about 20-30 minutes? Which is around 4-6k RPM.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
those engines in stock form are bullet proof unless they run out of oil than you have a problem.

ride it like you stole it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my 2018 Honda grom at 95miles on Craigslist and I have been driving it daily on my local highway since mid March for about 20miles each way wide open throttle. I am now at 1700 miles and I do my oil changes once a week based on how much I ride. Bike is in excellent condition still

·
Registered
269 Posts
Also my speed is usually around 58-65 mph depending on the wind in my area
Ohhh the wind! The Grom is affected by wind more than any motorcycle I’ve ever ridden. It can be the difference between the bike doing 45mph or doing 70mph. I think a pigeon could fart in front of a Grom and slow it down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m a new Grom owner and was wondering if it’s safe for the bike to be driving at 45mph for about 20-30 minutes? Which is around 4-6k RPM.
I been on the freeway for over an hour doing 55-65 sometimes hitting limiters if i get a downhill and the bike runs fine, the motor reacts better after a nice high rpm run and will idle like a lazer from my exsperience, i do however do oil changes every 500 miles cause i feel like i do abuse the bike, i do have a member of the group i ride with that has over 20k miles due to his freeway riding and he likes doing 55-60.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ohhh the wind! The Grom is affected by wind more than any motorcycle I’ve ever ridden. It can be the difference between the bike doing 45mph or doing 70mph. I think a pigeon could fart in front of a Grom and slow it down.
I just installed chimera k&n intake 2days ago. New average speed run 63-69 not even full throttle. @2k18grom on Instagram if you want to hear sound test

·
Registered
106 Posts
I re-programmed my ecu to let the engine rev up to 10,000 rpm. I let the tiny tornado rip with wide open throttle once the engine is warmed up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts