Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
15+% power gains over stock (stock ecu only)! 8% more power then our previously installed Yoshimura RS9 Carbon System from 3000-7500 rpm!

sound clip and video here:

Features: 304ss argon purged and expert tig welded, stepped header tubing, carbon fiber muffler can with massive 1.75" inlet!

Retail Price of $439, forum members pay only $395!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
header transitions from 1.25" out of the head to 1.75" by the time it goes into the muffler. There is no baffle option with this particular muffler design, however i have two other style mufflers we are playing around with both of which have optional baffles.

As for the noise, its louder then the yoshi pipe but way less annoying then the low mount drag style pipes... Personally i think its perfect compromise... if you want something that is obnoxiously loud and makes your neighbors throw things at you every time you pass by or something that is wisper quiet like stock, then this one isn't for you. If i used my bike as a daily commuter i would honestly pick something more quite and sacrifice HP. Thus the reason we are experimenting with baffle style mufflers. But most of us modifying our bikes use them when we feel like going out to have a good time and rip around on the streets and the performance gains of this exhaust system are well worth it.

i do have some video, but honestly it sounds just like the yoshi pipe at WOT, max RPM in the dyno room.. Just the acoustics, and iphone microphone quality. In person it is definitely a tad louder at high RPM and REALLY deep and powerful sounding.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey guys! current leadtime is about 2-3 days but we should have around 10 in stock by the end of the week (provided they aren't all pre sold by then) Our custom 02 bung is included on all the exhausts. Unlike most "standard" 02 bungs, ours is a custom length specifically for the small diameter honda grom piping. It allows just the sensor tip to protrude into the header pipe enough to get a solid reading but not restrict flow.

Here are some detail shots to illustrate the quality and attention to detail in our exhaust!

custom 304ss 02 bungs

custom 304ss radius head flange and exhaust port

our billet one piece head flange compared to a popular grom exhaust kit construction

quality tig welding

professional fixturing ensures consistent fitment

cosmetically appealing design and muffler size

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dyno chart? 15% sounds very impressive

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can you show the dyno comparing the rs-9 with this setup? i have an rs-9 now but love the look of this, especially the header design.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Again how do we order? I click the link in your sig. all I get is four links to websites that don't list this exhaust. I am ready to pull the trigger!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
link to our Honda Grom parts catalog.

RPM Grom Parts Catalog

As for the sound, i honestly couldn't differentiate the sounds between a YZ, CR, XR, etc.. Was just trying to say it sounds like the motor more then doubles in CC. Real deep throaty sound.

Sorry about those trying to send a PM.. Just cleared my inbox.

FWIW, Retail is $439, Honda Grom members pay only $395 + Shipping!

thanks

mike

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll post the dyno sheet asap. FWIW, we also have a smaller 1.25"-1.5" system in the works with triangle style carbon can for quieter commuter applications.
1) Will the new exhaust be similarly priced?

2) Do either/both of these systems fit with stock passenger pegs/passengers?

thanks!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts