Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the early stages of planning a road trip for this Summer. Looking for a website that I can use to plan a route.

Tried Google Maps. It has an option to avoid interstates, but still takes me on some US Highways that can get up to 70MPH. There's a bicycle option, but that uses bike trails where I'm not supposed to take the Grom...

So I'm looking for something with a little more granularity/more options.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
441 Posts
use google maps look over the route very carefully for potential problems, drag route around to create a detour for your route to follow? Or is that on map quest or some crap I think google has it

·
Registered
872 Posts
I use Furkot for my trips. I used it on my cross country trip. It has a lot of helpful options. Like your desired speed, your fuel range etc. It shows fuel stations and hotels depending on your range and desired daily mileage.

You would need to look over the routes suggested. I had to ride on some 70-75mph speed limit roads. They weren't busy traveled roads and passing was allowed. I did fine.

Planning is VERY important when traveling on the Grom. Google Street view your trip, it helps. I did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts