Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replacement of Fuel injector yuminashi Light bore
I have tried on a standard engine, Ful X- seed Exhaust - 2 x 20 mm Holes i the airbox
it has not influenced very much on performance - a little on top speed 105 -- 107 at the best, compared stock 100 -- 102
engine seems quite indifferent, with exhaust air filter ASO

actually I thought the engine pulls best standard,only with slipon exhaust Damper
I've tried 14 t 15t 16 t gear, the best is 15 standard in combination with injector exhaust air filter
My final conclusion is do you want more power in your Grom -must be installed BigBore
I think honda has made ​​a super fine little machine, but lacks off power
just my opinion after several attempts to get a little more Power in the engine

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
my light bore injector has just arrived. Will fit it tomorrow night and have a play. I've got an open stack and nearly open pipe, so there should be enough air to make it worth while. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
357 Posts
If I cant get decent power from mine for a large outlay of cash al end up selling it next year, I miss my tmax scooter!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Im fairly sure just replacing the injector won't do a lot unless you have the ability to map the ECU, that would require an FI module and dyno time. an injector is told by the ECU when to open and for how long, the injector is measured in flow of fuel by pounds per hour. Fuel pressure also is a factor. Replacing the stock injector is like putting a different jet in a carb but the results will be nothing like changing a jet. If the injector is rated at a higher flow per hour you will get more fuel but only for the same duration and pulse length of the stock injector determined by the ECU.

A stock motor with a higher flow rate injector is likely to run worse. We need programmable ECU or piggy back units to become avaiable. I'm waiting on those.

·
Registered
224 Posts
how did you reset your ecu? mine started running fine the first night after the first mile, but the next day reverted back to just bogging down the whole time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
224 Posts
tried that, once for 2-3 mins, once for 4 hours! No joy.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I put the performance injector in two weeks ago and it ran way too rich. It didn't want to go above 6k RPM then it would bog because of too much fuel. I think on a stock bore it is overkill and the stock injector is optimized already or the best AF mixture. Most likely you will see the best results after a bigger bore and new exhausted is installed. I don't recommend or think this injector is necessary on the stock bore with a stock cam and exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts