IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE - GROM - RESIN BRACKET
October 22, 2014
HONDA RECALL NOTIFICATION

YEAR: 2014 MAKE: HONDA MODEL: GROM125

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: AWAITING NO.
RECALL DATE: OCTOBER 22, 2014
MANUFACTURER RECALL NUMBER: JL2

SUMMARY:
AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. (HONDA) IS RECALLING 2014 MODEL YEAR GROM125. A RESIN BRACKET INSIDE THE FUEL PUMP MAY SWELL AND INTERFERE WITH THE IMPELLER WHICH MAY CAUSE THE FUEL PUMP TO STOP WORKING PROPERLY.

SAFETY RISK:
WHILE PARKED, THIS CAN PREVENT THE ENGINE FROM STARTING.

WHILE RIDING, PARTICLES MAY BECOME STUCK BETWEEN THE BRACKET AND THE IMPELLER CAUSING THE ENGINE TO STALL AND POSSIBLY NOT-RESTART. A STALLING ENGINE WILL INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.

REMEDY:
HONDA WILL NOTIFY THE OWNERS OF ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES BY MAIL AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE ORIGINAL FUEL PUMP WITH AN UPDATED DESIGN, FREE OF CHARGE. BECAUSE THE NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY ON ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES WOULD HAVE PROVIDED A FREE REPAIR FOR THE PROBLEM ADDRESSED BY THIS RECALL, WITHOUT ANY PAYMENT BY THE OWNER, REIMBURSEMENT FOR PRE-NOTIFICATION REPAIRS WILL NOT BE OFFERED. NOTIFICATION TO CUSTOMERS ABOUT THIS RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN MID-DECEMBER, 2014. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MOTORCYCLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT 1-866-784-1870. HONDA’S CAMPAIGN NUMBER FOR THIS RECALL IS JL2.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had my recall done yesterday , bike seems to run better now. My buddy said the same thing about his. Gets up to speed quicker it seems, could be my imagination since i have not had a chance to ride it due to freezing old temps here :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mods should make a sticky note: do a SEARCH!!!!! So many of the same topics, its so easy to find what you're looking for and you'll find your answer so fast.

lazy and no common sense these days.

Reactions: Ven0m0uS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think differently. of course there are subjects already on the site. I don't have hours and hours to search and read all of them, and i think others don't either. a new thread puts subject matter at the top again. I did not know about a recall until i saw it on the honda website. I think it's important to Grom owners.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh my god who cares if it posted somewhere else. Soo tired of the self appointed moderators. Suffer in silence. This forum is slow. Any new post is ok with me. Stroked this is like your 2nd job on here to check repost. You have to get alife bro. Im off this shit. Im leaving this forum. Peace

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Totally, we should do away with sections and titles to post.. It should just be a scrolling list of new post and instead of answering on that post we should have to create a new post to answer the other post. No more tedious reading and have to search for info cause that just sucks

why hasn't anyone thought of this for forums?? Such a fantastic idea

btw it's Strokd* no e, and you will be missed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forums are a good way to find out about whatever i want, about the things i'm into. BUT......... man-o-man the whole - Dude that subject is already on here thing. bummer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Forums are a good way to find out about whatever i want, about the things i'm into. BUT......... man-o-man the whole - Dude that subject is already on here thing. bummer.
Don't worry about it, buddy. You were just trying to help.

Nerds on here worried about a 12 kilobyte posting on a hosting server with 1000 Terabyte capacity. :)

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Honda will notify the owners of all affected vehicles by mail and dealers will replace the original fuel pump with an updated design, free of charge. Because the new vehicle warranty on all affected vehicles would have provided a free repair for the problem addressed by this recall, without any payment by the owner, reimbursement for pre-notification repairs will not be offered. Notification to customers about this recall is expected to begin mid-december, 2014. Owners may contact motorcycle customer support at 1-866-784-1870. Honda’s campaign number for this recall is jl2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts