Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I hadn't even thought about a stand but now that you mention it, a rear stand would make for a nice little welding project for me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
might have to go with a shittier more universal stand like the crappy cycle gear ones that have a VERY adjustable width and just push them both full inwards and hope.

·
Registered
530 Posts
^ this will probably have to happen ... I have spare track stands laying around and I might have to weld up a longer arm but stands hadn't even crossed my mind. I'd want to put spools on there too, just tap the swingarm maybe, it's not like it's a ton of weight resting on them.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Welding my own is still going to be my first choice. Not that it will be better than store bought, just more fun to make.

Reactions: Nefariousd

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I use the welder quite a bit. Really glad I bought it between building a Suzuki Samurai and Jeep TJ and now my VW Bug. I always wanted a bender but in the end, really have not needed it. I purchased a pre-bend kit for me jeep and welded it myself. I havn't needed bent tubes for anything else.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
TIG is great but I still have a ways to go before I am really good with the MIG. Maybe some day I will look into a TIG but by then I will probably be done modifying vehicles.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I grew up welding with oxy acetylene and have done mig and tig. I prefer tig but a mig is great for quick tacks and for learning how to weld.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I grew up welding with oxy acetylene and have done mig and tig. I prefer tig but a mig is great for quick tacks and for learning how to weld.
Still consider myself in this stage.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Does anyone know the mm. size screws for the swingarm spools, and what size pin for the front triple tree stand? Are Hondas standardized for these two items? I think you will need stands to adjust the chain and to remove wheels to change tires. With that exhaust pipe under the bike, not sure I could fit a center jack under there in the center either.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does anyone know the mm. size screws for the swingarm spools,
Looking at the photos on Hondas Website, the swingarm is not tapped for spools.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Supermoto

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Automotive exhaust

Maybe someone will make an adapter similar to this one made for the NC700X?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle

1 - 20 of 58 Posts