Honda Grom banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
i would not lift my bike using the yoshi stand stoppers,

i installed them, the only thing that secures them to the swingarm is a tiny screw that is maybe 3-4 threads deep, and the location of the screw is not really engineered to support the entire weight of the bike when its on the stand, its just on the bottom side.

For example when you actually tighten the spool on the yoshi stand stopper all the down to a good torque, you can actually see the stand stopper flex inside the swingarm - its that much of a POS - horrible engineering design.

all my other bikes when i put them on the stands, i have no problem bouncing up and down on the bike when its on its stands, with the Grom on the pitbull stand using the yoshi stand stoppers, it feels like the bike will snap right on the spool stands if i did that.
A few comments. yosh stand stoppers insert into the rear of the swing arm replacing the stock adjuster plate. They fight tight. There is two small bolts in the underside of the swing arm that secure them,the chain adjusters and they are tight to the I'd of the swing arm. I have been using them for a month daily with no issue.

·
Registered
518 Posts
A few comments. yosh stand stoppers insert into the rear of the swing arm replacing the stock adjuster plate. They fight tight. There is two small bolts in the underside of the swing arm that secure them,the chain adjusters and they are tight to the I'd of the swing arm. I have been using them for a month daily with no issue.
+1 Nothing wrong with Yoshi spool kit when installed correctly. Held in by press fit into end of swingarm, held there with (2) 6mmX1.0 nuts AND an additional set screw included with kit. My ZX14 is a 10mm welded bung on the swingarm with more than 2X's the weight of my grom...I trust the Grom set up more.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Let's take it down a notch, please. No personal attacks. You are entitled to your opinion but that does not mean you are entitled to the only opinion.

Its funny to see people get so paranoid about something, that they cause more problems than they solve, as you found out :D The GROM has 125 pounds weight on each tire, and you are storing it for 4 months. Did you ever even think to just go out and push the bike forward or back a foot, once a month ???? Probably too easy and simple a solution for you...

FUEL STABILIZER: Ethanol fuel is HORRIBLE when it sits, even with stabilizer, 4 months of that could be very bad. What would have been MUCH BETTER is non ethanol fuel, it was just 4 months, non ethanol fuel would be 10 times better, even without stabilizer if the tank was completely full.

You had the right idea, it is funny that you just did everything wrong...

Mike

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was able to use the Pit Bull stands without any issues. The rear didn't slide, but I did use it on a rubber mat, with the front brakes engaged with Zip Ties. Once the Grom was on the rear stand I also tied the swingarm to the stand so there is no chance it will slide out. :big smile:

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
ive run into this issue with my RD w aluminum arm. solution: tapped 2 m6 bolts into arm on biottom side and let my spool stand slide down the arm until it hits them. using a smooth extension (pipe with rubber hose on it) to hold it up. hasnt failed me yet.

(50/50. lol.)

lcwheels-frt-done-rear-set_zpssovsqtnh.jpg

21 - 29 of 29 Posts