Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Wondering if you could post a pic of your Monkey with the rear rack? Do you like the rack? Is it useful at all? It is compatible with the EURO lights right?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm also considering getting the rack for my Monkey.
I like the extra chrome and it would be nice to be able to carry things.
(although, that might only be a pack of gum).
If any of you use the rack, could you post some photos on how you strap things onto it.
Is it too crazy to hope that a top case might come out that fits the Monkey.
I love my Monkey nonetheless.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Similar questions here. I want a rear rack and want chrome. But, seeing photos only of the Honda rack it looks too little. I want a big square rack like I had on my Honda CX500 and like my neighbor kid had on their Trail 90. Big enough to put a milk crate on. Of course, I could build a platform for the rack but would rather it suffice as made.

And yes, they need a city/urban case option that will pop off and go with you. Like on my Yamaha MT-07:

·
Registered
24 Posts
This his bag is from a bicycle. But it fit perfect on the rack. Just put wallet, glasses, phone, garage door opener, manual, and couple small items.....

DAFD1124-E9B0-4836-B2D0-4F4CF0055657.jpeg 12F725F5-05F2-4C04-BA8D-744F1C755F39.jpeg 21B1EDBD-64FB-4C65-99F7-1D5C97C90F0B.jpeg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot! That is what I was looking for. It is fairly small compared to the old school racks from the original trail bikes. I do like how it looks and it appears will hold a 6 pack nicely.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here’s my shad 26 liter. Oddly enough, it doesn’t look out of place. Also, my back hits it if I scoot back to where I normally sit. I can move it back a little though. This is mounted on the oem Honda rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I got the h2c rear rack in black. It makes a decent grab handle for moving the bike about as well. I got a gorilla record box off ebay to use as a top box and just drilled some holes in it for fixing and used a kitchen chopping board in the bottom to make it more secure. I doubt I'll use the box often but it's handy to have it if needed.

Cheers
AL

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gorilla-100pcs-Storage-Lifetime-Warranty/dp/B012G8TXD8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_267_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8F27QYWEEN0RA06P76Y2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts