Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2015 "OG" Grom, See "About Me"
63 Posts
Is the crime that bad out there where you are at? Your neighborhood (and your Grom) look so nice, I guess I assumed that it wasn't... Of course always better off safe than sorry. I have seen several reports over the years here regarding stolen Groms, kinda like the Honda Accord of motorcycles.:rolleyes:

· Registered
63 Posts
Hey, just wondering how tou like that Zoom exhaust, how loud is it (in db) standing next to the bike at idle? Also, can you change the oil without having to remove the exhaust?

· Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the reply on that, and one other question - is that a Pro Taper handlebar set, or just the crossbar? I didn't see that in your cost sheet. I'm thinking of getting the PT handlebars, just not sure which ones yet, I already have a set of SE's (Seven-Eighths, or 7/8") on my CRF, and I love them, they are super sturdy, and much lighter than the stock bars...

· Registered
63 Posts
Those look really sharp on your Grom, I noticed on PT's website https://www.protaper.com/product/111/aluminum-78-handlebar/black/mcid/21861 that they offer several bend profiles for this product as well. I am going to assume there that since the rise on those are lower than the stock bars, that the reach to the bars is a bit further, and that you can tuck a bit lower for straightaways? I'm on the fence with regard to that, my middle-aged back may not like sitting pitched more forward on long "touring" rides, but for the curvy 22 mile mountain back road "race/test track" I have here, they would be perfect for faster runs!
One last thought, did you have to do any drilling/customizing of the bars or control hardware to get them to mount properly? I had issues on my CRF, because the control mounts had indexing nibs/protrusions that went into holes in the stock bars, and the PT SE's didn't have the same holes, so I just filed off the nibs to make it work. I have not had any problems (in 5 years) with the control mounts sliding or slipping, so far so good!

· Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, I'm currently 52 years young, 6'2" 210lbs., and used to ride heavily customized GT/Trek mountain bikes 50+ miles/day (some mountain to coast rides as well) in my 20's & 30's, but that, and the daily long distance running in the Army trashed my knees/hips, so I ride motorcycles now.:rolleyes: At the price point for those bars, I can get both sets (high and low) for the same price I paid for my PT SE's on my CRF. Thanks for the reply, I think my OG will be getting new "ears" soon...
P.S.: Thanks for the vid post, that helps a bunch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts