Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I've just installed the TB cam and adjusted the valves, and am getting this rattling noise when idle, which gets louder with revs. I originally had the valves at 0.003 and that had the noise, and now have set to intake 0.004 and exhaust to 0.007, and it's still doing it. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Check the timing marks ASAP! Sounds like you may be a tooth off on the cam sprocket! Also, have to wait for the CCT to pump up with oil, may take a min or so......

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
815 Posts
Agree with Shush. Sounds like you are off a tooth if the valves are adjusted properly.

For some reason I thought you did a throttle body install. Abbreviations!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the timing marks ASAP! Sounds like you may be a tooth off on the cam sprocket! Also, have to wait for the CCT to pump up with oil, may take a min or so......
thank you. I followed a YT video that suggested zip tieing the chain to the cam sprocket. After I refitted the sprocket bolt i lost TDC but went back round to get it.

Once done i took it round the block and it was still making that noise. I'll let it cool down overnight and open her up again tomorrow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry for the dumb question, but when you say "a tooth off" what do you mean? I followed this video

·
Registered
207 Posts
Definitely want to recheck valve clearances and everything again. Timing marks do look slightly off to me.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
815 Posts
The dash by the T should be in the middle of the inspection hole and then the sprocket dot and cam hole notch lined up.

This with cam chain tensioner installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts