Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
from Steady

$140: Front Fork Kit Installation
$200: Core Charge for Forks. Core forks must be in good condition with no leaks, no damages on the fork legs, or anything of that nature. If there are any issues with the forks that were sent in, the core charge could be cancelled or adjusted.
+ Shipping

You're also more than welcome to send in the original forks or a set of forks for the service.
Turn around time is 3-5 days.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Feel good on the ground. Test ride tomorrow night. Installed without the tool kit it took about 2.5 hours but part of that was letting the fork leg extend and spray oil six feet in four directions. Lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hands down Racing bros.
Preload,compression and rebound adjustability at a lower price.:in love:

I concur. It looks almost identical to the ohlins kit but has adjustment. I had both in my hands. I was unfortunatly not brave enough to disassemble the valves to compare but I am 99% sure racingbros took the ohlins and copied it then made changes.

Clickers actually work!!!

Unfortunately my rear shock is pretty fubard so I need to buy a shock but am out of $$$ :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
First impression getting it installed...haven't rode it yet just messing with settings...pretty soft with clickers backed out up until about 10 clicks from closed then seems to actually start getting firmer...will post some info after I actually get to put some miles on it but my thoughts so far are better than stock and ohlins just because of adjustability...but I think I'm gonna love them for the price...I prolly would go with the next stronger spring rate if I did it over again but we shall see once I put some miles on it

·
Registered
124 Posts
Any updated reviews on these? Looking at getting them over the Ohlins for the same price since they are adjustable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
First impression getting it installed...haven't rode it yet just messing with settings...pretty soft with clickers backed out up until about 10 clicks from closed then seems to actually start getting firmer...will post some info after I actually get to put some miles on it but my thoughts so far are better than stock and ohlins just because of adjustability...but I think I'm gonna love them for the price...I prolly would go with the next stronger spring rate if I did it over again but we shall see once I put some miles on it
Should I go with stiffer springs or did it end up being a good choice sticking woth the proper weight spring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whoa, I'm sold on these. At first, I was going to go with Ohlins, but the externally adjustable preload, rebound, and comp settings of the Racing Bros kit for not too much more of a premium is very appealing.

Also, I have a very short inseam, and one of my favorite things about the Grom is how easily I can get both feet on the ground. Being able to lower the preload for commuting, and then increasing it for canyons/track at the turn of a dial would be a major boon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I just picked these Racing Bros fork internals up. They look awesome! Can anyone recommend for oil/weight for me? I'm 205-210 with all my gear. Mostly track riding/racing. Thanks
Here are fork oils that we recommend:
Racing Bros H2R 5w Fork Oil (arriving to us mid May)

Equivalent recommendations are:
Ohlins 01310-01 - No. 10 - Front Fork Fluid
Bel-Ray High Performance Fork Oil 7W
Maxima Racing Fork Fluid 125/150 7W
Hi Steadygarage, would these be the same fork oil weight recommendations for any given rider? I'm maybe just over 170 lbs with gear, mostly commuting and canyon riding. Or do lighter weight riders need a different fork oil weight than what you recommended above?

Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hi Steadygarage, would these be the same fork oil weight recommendations for any given rider? I'm maybe just over 170 lbs with gear, mostly commuting and canyon riding. Or do lighter weight riders need a different fork oil weight than what you recommended above?

Thanks!
I've only had experience using ohlin's fork oil with the racing bro's forks, which I believe is 5wt. You don't need to use different weight fork oil because the clickers can compensate. The main thing is making sure you pick the correct springs for your weight.

If you're still on the fence about Ohlin's vs Racing Bros. I've installed two ohlin's kits and three racing bros kits. The Ohlins is obviously easier to install because its non-adjustable. The valving seems more progressive on the Ohlins, meaning the dampening gets stiffer as you go further down on the travel. Where as the Racing Bros forks valving seems linear, meaning the dampening feels the same throughout the total travel. To me, the Ohlins feels like it has must better resistance to bottoming out, and feels much more controlled during hard braking, however is generally on the stiff side. The Racing Bros feels better for cruising. I don't have too much experience riding hard on the racing bros kit, but I'm sure it can be adjusted to feel quite good for whatever type of riding you're doing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Racing Bros feels better for cruising. I don't have too much experience riding hard on the racing bros kit, but I'm sure it can be adjusted to feel quite good for whatever type of riding you're doing.
Okay, sounds like RB is the way to go for me. Even if I do take my Grom to the track from time to time, the vast majority of its life will be spent on the street.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts