Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a lot that needed to get finished on Thursday. I received the precious call Wednesday night that my Grom would be ready the next afternoon. So come Thursday morning, after almost 6 years with my company, I handed in my two weeks notice to my boss. :smile:

It seemed like the right timing, I needed to leave early to go pick up the Grom after all.

Seeing the bike in person for the first time? Well lets just say the immediate deposit and 3 month wait was so very worth it.

After trucking her home, I spent most of the last remaining hours with a rag of 303 protectant in one hand and Meguiar's NXT wax in the other. More really as an excuse to go over every inch of this beautiful creation and take everything in.

Finally, I took a few steps back, cracked open a beer and just stared. Or ogled? Either way, it felt both rude and right.

So cheers everyone and may your to do lists be both short and sweet.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had a lot that needed to get finished on Thursday. I received the precious call Wednesday night that my Grom would be ready the next afternoon. So come Thursday morning, after almost 6 years with my company, I handed in my two weeks notice to my boss. :smile:

It seemed like the right timing, I needed to leave early to go pick up the Grom after all.

Seeing the bike in person for the first time? Well lets just say the immediate deposit and 3 month wait was so very worth it.

After trucking her home, I spent most of the last remaining hours with a rag of 303 protectant in one hand and Meguiar's NXT wax in the other. More really as an excuse to go over every inch of this beautiful creation and take everything in.

Finally, I took a few steps back, cracked open a beer and just stared. Or ogled? Either way, it felt both rude and right.

So cheers everyone and may your to do lists be both short and sweet.
Congrats to you..I plan to do the same! Exactly which 303 protectant did you get, and is that for the plastics only? And did you use the wax on the tank alone, or other areas? Thanks and Happy Groming!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hoping to have more time to ride the Grom now, haha. I used the wax only on the main painted parts. It feels a ton smoother to the touch now and road grime comes off with a quick touch of a rag.

The 303 protectant went on all the matte/plastic/rubber bits. It's essentially just a UV protector, but I've had good luck with it: Amazon.com: 303 Products Aerospace Protectant: Automotive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts