Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've been looking for a quicker throttle tube for the Grom but all I can find is the MNNTHBX set up and it's a bit pricey and was wondering if anyone else had found anything that works well for a more reasonable cost.

I know in the http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/12-grom-gear-accessories/5401-parts-interoperability-between-grom-other-bikes-mod-responsibly.html thread it calls out YZ250F tubes are interchangeable but I can't find any that are labeled as a quick turn set up nor can I find anyone else that has confirmed they work and their experience with using one hence why I am posting up on here.

I'm looking to change up my handlebar set up and now would be the perfect time to get a new tube so any feedback would be much appreciated. I've heard great things about the MNNTHBX one it's just a bit out of my price range but if that's the best option out there then I may need to bite the bullet and spend the $$$.

Ultimately, what I'm looking for is what set up are you running? How do you like it? Where did you purchase from and for how much? Also, has anyone else tried tubes from other bikes to see if they work or not?

Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I waited for almost 10 months for someone to put one up for sale. I finally bit the bullet bc i needed a bung so i got it and the quick turn.

about a week later, that link pop up!

it is pretty cool.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Webike has one for 5$. Shipping is about 11$. But if someone is putting in an order there they could get a few and turn them here for a small profit.
When I was making an order I could not tell by the crazy description if it was advantageous or not. Then found it was.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have a MILD blem bar mount. PM me if interested. Greg
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only bar mount you sell is for oversized correct? I don't want to go that low with my bars as I do like the more upright position and just want a little bit shorter bar so it's still comfy to ride. I do like the look of your stuff though and would consider it if I wanted to go that route. Thanks for the heads up. :)

I waited for almost 10 months for someone to put one up for sale. I finally bit the bullet bc i needed a bung so i got it and the quick turn.

about a week later, that link pop up!

it is pretty cool.
So you did end up getting the g2 tube from MNNTHBX? Was the difference that noticeable? Would you say it's worth the price tag?

Webike has one for 5$. Shipping is about 11$. But if someone is putting in an order there they could get a few and turn them here for a small profit.
When I was making an order I could not tell by the crazy description if it was advantageous or not. Then found it was.
Yeah, I saw theirs, and I just placed an order with webike but I didn't add that to the order. :( I didn't see it until it was too late. Also, it doesn't look like it reduces the twist all that much based on the description posted. 10% where most I have seen are 15-20%. Have you ordered the Kitaco yourself? If so, your thoughts on it? If I can get it from them for only lke $15 it may be worth picking up but if anyone has any experience with it I would be appreciative of your input.

Thanks for the responses so far! :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
So you did end up getting the g2 tube from MNNTHBX? Was the difference that noticeable? Would you say it's worth the price tag?

Thanks for the responses so far! :)
Yes i ended buying it from mnnthbx. Is there a huge difference? no.

Is it noticeable yes!

Does it help from having to regrip after WOT... yes!

Is it worth the money? ~ Are ohlins worth the money? ... I like it and there aren't another options for now!

I still thinking they would sell more if price was slightly lower. I have seen lots of people think about it twice and hesitate solely bc of cost! I know, waited a really long time to buy it!

One day after a long ride, with a sore wrist. I went home and finally pushed the button!

·
Vendor
1,893 Posts
The price is high for some, and I get that, but it's a far better part than a plastic tube. The billet w/ Delrin bushings makes for a far smooth pull. G2 has sold a blazzilion tubes for all forms of bikes and has proven to be the industry leader since they started. I bought them for every bike I've owned, long before I was in this business. We've had nothing but great feedback on them to date.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes i ended buying it from mnnthbx. Is there a huge difference? no.

Is it noticeable yes!

Does it help from having to regrip after WOT... yes!

Is it worth the money? ~ Are ohlins worth the money? ... I like it and there aren't another options for now!

I still thinking they would sell more if price was slightly lower. I have seen lots of people think about it twice and hesitate solely bc of cost! I know, waited a really long time to buy it!

One day after a long ride, with a sore wrist. I went home and finally pushed the button!
That is really helpful feedback shoe... I appreciate it for sure. Thanks! I may just end up going that route but it's gonna be a while before I'll be able to pony up the cash for it. At least I have a long winter to do some stuff to the bike and have a fresh start for next season.

The price is high for some, and I get that, but it's a far better part than a plastic tube. The billet w/ Delrin bushings makes for a far smooth pull. G2 has sold a blazzilion tubes for all forms of bikes and has proven to be the industry leader since they started. I bought them for every bike I've owned, long before I was in this business. We've had nothing but great feedback on them to date.
I don't doubt that it's a quality piece and I'm sure it'll out last and out perform most comparable products out there, I'm just looking for a cheaper alternative for now as I think the billet tube is a bit overkill for a 125cc little toy bike. I may end up going that route in the long run as it seems to be one of the only options out there at this time with noticeable improvement over stock. I'm just looking at what all my other options are first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts