Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MNNTHBX Exhaust, Chimera Intake, Bazzaz ZFi, and 14t sprocket up front. I put the MNNTHBX map provided by them (is it okay for me to provide a copy of that here?).

I'm 6'2" 225lb. It feels a little faster on the top end, but not great, and I got about 7mph additional top speed, so I'm topping out at about 63mph, and before that I hit 56 with just the 14t and none of the bolt-ons. Does this sound normal?

I'm also throwing a code, but only if I am WOT for several miles and down shifting hard. If I turn the bike off and on again the code is cleared for several more miles, so it is difficult to see exactly what code I am throwing. Any recommendations there?

It also sounds like it might be popping a bit on the top end when I let off the throttle, is that normal? Apparently it could mean it's running rich.

While I was installing the Bazzaz I attempted to start it but didn't have the Bazzaz plugged in completely so the motor just turned over without firing up. Could this have caused any problems?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Questions about MNNTHBX exhaust, Chimera, and Bazzaz power output, and throwi...

Now someone may have a better option then this because I'm not an expert with trouble shooting the Grom. It won't hurt anything. Anyways what I would do first is make sure everything is plugged up right. (Check the ECU and intake connector)After that I would erase all codes and reset the ECU. After that I would go riding again trying to replicate what you were doing before to see if the CEL will come on. After that I would try and see if you can read the code immediately after it comes on.

http://www.inveniamperformance.com/installation--info.html

This site will point you in the right direction as far as ECU related things like reading and erasing codes and resetting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now someone may have a better option then this because I'm not an expert with trouble shooting the Grom. It won't hurt anything. Anyways what I would do first is make sure everything is plugged up right. (Check the ECU and intake connector)After that I would erase all codes and reset the ECU. After that I would go riding again trying to replicate what you were doing before to see if the CEL will come on. After that I would try and see if you can read the code immediately after it comes on.

Installation & Info - Inveniam Performance

This site will point you in the right direction as far as ECU related things like reading and erasing codes and resetting.
I think i will have to clamp a gopro pointed at the gauges to get that code. Might work. I'll try that. Thanks for the link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts