1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Grom
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy All,

First post here,

So I'm new to the 2022 Grom, its my first bike. I have the black one and I love it. Anywho, I decided to grab a 14T sprocket for it. After comparing the new 14T to the factory 15T. I noticed that the inner teeth on the 14T sprocket are smaller than the factory 15T sprocket. The 14T sprocket fits, but the teeth do not seat all the way down into the spindle's teeth. While it holds fine, should I be concerned or am I over thinking it?

Please note, I'm a big guy for this bike.

- Lord Snax

Brown Road surface Grey Asphalt Art

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,497 Posts
That sprocket will fit, and work. However, it is not the right sprocket. Check JT website, but I think JT 249 is the correct one. This has been covered on several threads so a quick search should confirm.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Grom
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sprocket will fit, and work. However, it is not the right sprocket. Check JT website, but I think JT 249 is the correct one. This has been covered on several threads so a quick search should confirm.
Thanks for the response Ninelives17,

After some Google searching with the info you gave me. The JTF249.14 sprocket is the correct part. Turns out that the sprocket I ordered, the JTF252.14, was used due to the fact that there where no other sprockets available that fit correctly until recently.

Thanks for the help!
- Lord Snax

1 - 3 of 3 Posts