Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Driven Racing TT rearsets on my 2020 Grom back in January. The exhaust hanger bracket broke on me last week. No impact to it, I assume it was the vibrations that killed it (Hindle exhaust by the way). Has anyone else seen this issue? Is everyone else solid mounting them or have you figured out a way to insulate them? I sent Driven an email last week, no response as of yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a set of Driven rearsets on two Groms (2018, and 2019). I have not seen any issues with the exhaust mount yet (Yosh RS2), but I do find that I put pressure on the mount with my Dainese boot heel since it is so close (ride with toes on pegs). I have used the rearsets for a few months, so we'll see how they hold up to the hooligan crap we pull on the Groms, LOL.

-S1930

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm surprised the mounting tab on your Hindle muffler held out longer than your rear sets. Its always a good idea to isolate the vibration for muffler mounts, even using rubber washers or rubber hose from the hardware store works. Just need to keep an eye on it because they'll deteriorate after a while.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the moment, I built a new stainless steel bracket and have a small rubber grommet on each side of the muffler mount. It is not ideal, but at least I am still able to put miles on it every week. 5,250+ miles on my 2020, all of them happy..... even the wet ones. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts