Honda Grom banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Grom
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a good tail bag or tank bag solution for the last week, but haven't had any luck. I wear a backpack when I ride and I just wanted another bag to store tools for the bike in as well as be overflow storage for my backpack when things get too tight.

Here's a picture of my solution. The tool bag is from a small 12vMAX dewalt drill. Cheap ratchet strap to hold it down. Works great because it sits really flat and if i need to scoot back on the seat for whatever reason I can sit on it pretty well.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Brickwork

·
Registered
2022 Grom
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a fan of the ratchet strap,sorry!
I can probably guess the answer, but may I ask why?

The ratchet strap is really just a temp solution until I find something better and I'm confident about it securing the bag no matter what. Definitely a danger of it coming loose and wrapping around the rear axle. Happened to me once and I stopped playing around with my knots and started doing an overhand around the signal and a double half hitch on the rest of the tail.

I'm probably gonna cut and solder the strap to as close to a perfect length as I can as it's like 6 feet longer than it really needs to be.

Have any suggestions as to what I could use instead of the ratchet? I haven't found much i would trust to keep the bag on the bike as well as the strap so far, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts