Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around their site, but the grom isn't listed.

My zuma 50cc insurance full coverage for the year was only $140.

What do you think it will be once i switch over to the from?

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for links highsider,

man those are scaring me though. geico is investiagting though because they hopefully , they have the grom coded incorrectly in their system. their supystem is pricing the insurance as full sized sport bike.

and that is why the quotes are so high. well, we can hope that is why it is so high...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Geico is right, they classify it as a 125 sport bike. I talked to a rep (but that really doesn't mean anything imo) and since it's a 2014 there's more liability to owning one.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got this from my insurance agent...

" OK here's the Progressive quote

your premium for the old scooter was 138 /yr

but the Progessive premium TODAY for the Honda Grom is 603 /yr

which is an increase of 465./yr.

by the way, Progressive has been updating their website quoting software so starting with this coming Thursday you should be

able to see the Grom on Progressive's website.

I think what will happen is that right now in the beginning the premium for the Grom will be a bit high, but as the weeks go along and if Geico and the

other companies writing scooter/ motorcycle insurance come out cheaper than Progressive on the Grom then Progressive will drop their rates as they do keep in touch

with their competition closely ... so you should wait until the last 3 days before you pick up the Grom to check with Progressive once more to see what the

actual price will be. I think there will be a lot of Groms sold since the price is only 3000. "

·
Registered
659 Posts
$10 a year with Progressive. Additional bikes with only liability is dirt cheap. The first one was $78 a year, so I will be paying $108/year for 4 bikes. I guess they figure you can only ride one bike at a time. Ha, that's what THEY think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts