Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

i ordered mine on ebay from the2wheels

check out this video, and it shows the two problems i have.

i have seen alot of people buy similar versions. anyone else having issues?

functionly they are working fine. it is just annoying that it keeps reverting to postion # 1, when i want it to be on #2!

UPDATE!!!
I got this from the2wheels this morning....

"Dear friend,

Thanks for your enquiry.

We would like send a replacement to you in this case.
Could you please delete the video on youtube first? :)

Best Regards,
Paul

Update #2
They are now refusing to send me replacement levers. Unless remove the video. I have opened a case with paypal. I feel like they are trying to strong arm me... I hadn't seen any youtube videos that showed others having problems with these levers.

But that begs to ask, how many other users actually had problems but they agreed to remove their videos/ threads so they could
receive correctly functioning levers!

My ebay feedback will be affected by this because the seller hadn't yet gave me a positive feedback. Now that i gave him a negative, i'm sure he will retaliate and give me a negative as well.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Short answer - No

Long answer - I got mine today also and just installed them. I like them on 6. Went out and put them on 2 and squeezed them a bunch and the adjustment lever never moved. Mine to have some play in them but it does not bother me. Haven't ridden with them yet but overall I am very happy. Sorry you are having issues with yours.

Reactions: Shoebacca78

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep same here. I made a video about 3 weeks ago. Its caused by the machining on the 2nd click. Showed them the vid. New levers should be here any day. So I got a buy one set get one free. 2 doesnt work but all others do.

also I have no play fit is really nice

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes!!! I love this forum! I knew it wasn't my poor mechanic skills!!!

i have sent them a email... I have 12 days to wait!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep same here. I made a video about 3 weeks ago. Its caused by the machining on the 2nd click. Showed them the vid. New levers should be here any day. So I got a buy one set get one free. 2 doesnt work but all others do.

also I have no play fit is really nice

Does es yours wobble nearly as much as mine? It is about 1 cm of movement up and down!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Just went out and rode with mine. Settled on the #3 position. I am happy with them. Now I just hope the anodizing does not wear off in a week.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have been swamped and didn't even look at mine until 5 mins ago. I will install them tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I was able to ride today and first impression is that I don't like the levers. The bend is in the wrong place in my opinion. Not very comfortable to get my first two fingers on the lever.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What else do these fit? Anyone have any info?

Reason I ask, is they're knockoffs of Pazzo levers (www.pazzoracing.ca) and while Pazzo doesn't list the Grom, I'm assuming the perches are similar to something else.

I've had Pazzos on just about every street I've owned and I love them. They're expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cbr250r is the same fitment.

If my cheap, $25, lever fail or lose their anodizing in a week, which i doubt will happen, I'll say oh well and go back to stock/ modified levers. Not paying for a name.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Cbr250r is the same fitment.

If my cheap, $25, lever fail or lose their anodizing in a week, which i doubt will happen, I'll say oh well and go back to stock/ modified levers. Not paying for a name.
Thanks for the tip on the fitment. I'll look into it.

It isn't just the name though. They're designed and manufactured in Canada, and Pazzo sponsors half a dozen race teams in Canada and the US. They're also much better quality than the nameless ones.

I'm not knocking your choice or logic. But it's not quite the same as buying a pair of Nike Shoes or an iPhone where you pay for a name that is manufactured for pennies on the dollar in a sweatshop in Asia (which I don't spend money on, either).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just moved the perches in so the bend was where I wanted it. You can move the controls inward, you know that right?

It scares me that some of you guys are working on you bikes!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yes, I had previously moved them around to where I liked them for stock as far as angle. I thought I didn't have any room to move them inward, but went and checked and I did so I will try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts