Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've just purchased the protaper bars and was wondering if I want them the same width as the stock bars will I have any issues when cutting these. Bars to size and what's best to cut them

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
That's a personal choice, but if you decide to cut them, make sure there's enough left over to fit your controls/grip/etc.

Reactions: Chillis

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should I put my brake and other things on the bars without my grips on then cut them down 1inch at a time etc and use a hacksaw what about a pipe cutter ?

·
Registered
752 Posts
A pipe cutter will work, but it won't give you a flat surface. It's only something to worry about if for some reason the ends will be exposed.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Should I put my brake and other things on the bars without my grips on then cut them down 1inch at a time etc and use a hacksaw what about a pipe cutter ?
You could put them on, then measure how much you have left to play with, etc. I doubt you'll have to gradually cut them, unless you want to see how they feel as you go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys I've just purchased the protaper bars and was wondering if I want them the same width as the stock bars will I have any issues when cutting these. Bars to size and what's best to cut them
Stock cables & everything fit fine

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stock cables & everything fit fine
The bar ends won't fit the new bars though will they what do I need to buy for them to fit a guy on eBay said CYCRA GRIP ARMOR BAR END BLK but there £35 all together any cheaper ones that will fit

·
Registered
36 Posts
Picture of the bars on the bike?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The bar ends won't fit the new bars though will they what do I need to buy for them to fit a guy on eBay said CYCRA GRIP ARMOR BAR END BLK but there £35 all together any cheaper ones that will fit
I didn't use bar ends on my new bars. The new grips are closed at the end, so I just left them closed and installed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't use bar ends on my new bars. The new grips are closed at the end, so I just left them closed and installed.
Did you cut your's down or left them as they are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts