Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Pro Taper KDX 110 bars and a set of bar risers plus a 1.5" longer clutch cable. Wonder if they will all work together? IF I still have a length issue, I could cut the bar ends off an inch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I can answer my own questions. To put ProTaper KDX110 bars on your Grom you will need at least a 1.5" longer clutch cable. Plus you will need to cut the round grommets ( carefully ) off the front brake able and get some slack for the brake perch. I slid a small screw driver under the round grommet and cut with a razor blade and then reused the grommets. The top one just pops out of a wire cradle and the bottom will need a 8mm socket to remove the bracket. The bracket will separate so you can cut off grommet and lower it and put bracket back on and tighten. You will also need to drill a 6 mm hole for the bar controls to fit into to avoid slipping. I used a set of calipers to measure off the old bars and it worked fine. While I was at it I put on a set of Pro Taper pillow top grips and a new throttle sleeve to quicken the throttle response. That way I left the old grips on the factory bars. This also widens the mirrors so I can see behind me better. To put the throttle tube on you will have to remove a least on cable off the throttle under the tank. A set of Amazon adjustable grips and a front fly screen from MSX 125 Accessories completed my project for today. I still have a Seat Concepts seat on order and I may put on a Yosh exhaust. I did cut off my muffler and I'm liking that free mod for now. Also, shipping from Bangkok only took 3 weeks.
Grom Pro Taper bars.jpg
Grom exhaust mod.jpg
Grom fly screen.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
KDX or KLX? I run KLX110 Bars with PSD Bar Risers using the stock cables. absolutely no need for longer cables.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad , KLX 110. I had to pull all the slack I could to get the wires from the headlight area to get the controls to fit. Did you cut any off the ends? Also my throttle cables barely fit too. Did you do any rerouting of those?

·
Registered
208 Posts
My bad , KLX 110. I had to pull all the slack I could to get the wires from the headlight area to get the controls to fit. Did you cut any off the ends? Also my throttle cables barely fit too. Did you do any rerouting of those?
I cut my bars at #4 on each end. As for my cables, They may not be in the same little loop holders but they were routed the same as stock as i have never moved them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I left my bars the stock length and I think thats why I couldnt use the risers. I may try agin later after I put on my Seat Concepts seat and lose the dip in my seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts