Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what Pro Taper bars are being used on some of the bikes .

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I can tell you DONT get the Pro Taper minis. The grip portion is too short for the Grom grips and levers according to my UK friends.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have the wdith of the stock bars .Might have to order wide bars and cut to lenght.

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
... or see how comfortable they are before dropping extra money that could go to a big bore :2cents:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those bars and mirrors look good . Want to add Gold bars . Thinking about Gold bars , and rim tape

Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ClutchAutomatic ,What bend do you have .Mini high mini low or something different . Are the controlls kinda cramped or is there enough room. Did not know ii a full MX bar would be better if cut to size .Also is there enough slack in throttle cable clutch cable brake line and the rest to raise everything up .

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am not sure is there a mini mid? The the only thing cramped up is the middle bar with the foam pad makes it harder to put the key in. Also on the grips it gets in the way for the thumb controls. Just takes some getting use to though.

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like it, much lower and wide stance. You don't need any extra hardware to install. You have to modify the bar with a step drill bit to install the controls though. Factory bar has a flat spot for the throttle alignment and holes for the control mounting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like it, much lower and wide stance. You don't need any extra hardware to install. You have to modify the bar with a step drill bit to install the controls though. Factory bar has a flat spot for the throttle alignment and holes for the control mounting.
any more pictures of your bar setup. curious if a lower bar would pose any problems at full lock with the bodywork. thx

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can have a lower bar, a fat bar, or short bar. It will not restrict the lock capabilities. I have the KLX110/DR-Z110 bend which is the widest.

·
Registered
126 Posts
31.5 Inches it has plenty of room. I rode a msx with short bars that were bent towards the rider maybe 24 inches or less with no mirrors and flush turn signals, it was made for lane splitting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts