·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all

Another day in my long grom build and yet another issue

I'm reaching the end but ran into another issue with the power vision 3
I can't get it to pair with my bike and reflash stock or tune file into the ECU

The instruction in the box and on the website for tunes are confusing. Note, i've resetted my stock ECU before doing all of the below and also, i've updated PW firmware before starting. It's on firmware version 5.7.7404.31519

I've plugged it into the grom and when I turn the bike on, I get Filestate 1: No compatible Stock or tune file
I've left it for more than 1 minute plugged it with the bike on but it doesn't seems to pair after 30 sec to the bike as mentionned on the tunes download page

I've plugged the PV in my pc and uploaded the PV_Info.txt to your website to get the appropriate tune but I can't download it. It doesn't show in the list
I've downloaded the stock file I was missing but all the others are not appropriate for my bike.

My bike is a 2019 EU Honda grom ABS with a Kitaco neo 181cc kit with stock throttle body, chimera intake tube and Arrow low mount exhaust (full line+silencer) . I wanted to dld the tune :
1601144 0101350501 : Hi mount full exhaust, 181cc Neo kit, Kit injector, 26mm stock throttle body, Chimera intake

After trying again with the new stock file 1601006.stk on the device and plugin in back into my bike
I've a new error that I can't seems to get away:

Restore ECU
Last flash was unsuccessfull, turn ignition on and connect to a battery charger
When I press the square button to restore, I get the press square button again to continue
then I come to Restore to stock screen which is empty and I can only go back to menu. The O button to change mode doesn't react
Plugin it off en back in again gives the same.
Same error if I plug it into the pc ...

Am I supposed to just turn the key or actually start the bike too?
How am I supposed to turn the bike on with stock ECU settings and BBK on it? Is it even going to start?

Am I doing something wrong?
Also why doesn't it pair to my bike after 30 sec like said on the website.
When I look into vehicle info on the PV, it says DEVICE NOT PAIRED

EDIT;
Problem got finally sorted, got to the 'ready to flash' screen but if someone got a PV3 with 1601006.stk (Tune compability 0102570102) needed for the ECU and a working map for it for tunes "1601144 0101350501 : Hi mount full exhaust, 181cc Neo kit, Kit injector, 26mm stock throttle body, Chimera intake " or knows how to make one => hit me up , I need it :) I have the same parts on my EU 2019 ABS Grom except the exhaust which is an Arrow Low mount full exhaust
I've also asked this in my dynojet ticket yesterday on their website but they haven't reply yet on any of my queries

thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just went through the same thing last week. Open a ticket with them or email support. They will get back to you and get you going again. I was irritated with the Restore ECU crap that wouldn't go away. I couldn't find the flash I wanted to as well. Basically there are about 6 different ECU stock file per year and some tunes aren't compatible even though it's the same year. They'll help you get a tune by request. Took them 2 hours to get me one.

As in the failed restore ECU part, they'll help you get rid of that by some button combination. I don't think they want it advertised, so you don't kill your ECU.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I opened a ticket on their website also explaining everything and with pics of the error.
I'll wait for the reply then. Thx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does your bike still start? That's the first question, it's to tell if your ECU is still working or if you'll need a real ECU restore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't try to start it.
Can I do that with stock ECU settings and a neo bbk on it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did it start flashing at all or stayed zero or writing and you took it off or shut it down? Mine had no tunes and I tried to restore ecu where it was stuck. So i t didn't even try to flash and that's when this restore ecu started happening no matter what I did.

I'm not sure if you can try to start it and not do damage. All I can say, is that I did really quick, I was going from Stock to a Takegawa 143cc kit. I already had a tune from DHM to run a bit rich. I left it on for about 1 min and everything seemed normal still.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had Filestate 1: No compatible Stock or tune file at first.
I went to their website to dld an extra .stk file and tested again, I tried to flash manually but could never start it as it never showed any file on the PV itself (but they were .stk files on the drive, I checked through the pc)

It start giving the restore ECU after that when I Plugged it back into the pc and bike afterwards

When I turn the ignition on, It does what it normally does RPM meter goes up en down , engine light flashes for a few seconds en goes away.
Nothing out of the ordinary I think.

Now I only have 1601006.stk on its drive as I tried a format disk and a factory setting reset . 1601001 to 1601005 is missing and I can't dld them again through their website

·
Registered
15 Posts
Restore your PV3 and you'll get all the files back in there. I did exactly everything you did. Even the reformat.

First download the standalone client:

then download your PV3 restore files

run the standalone and restore to your PV3.

after all is done go to your pv3 and load the 2nd file you downloaded to your pv3 which is the restore stuff

Now boot up your pv3, cancel the restore ecu message and go to update firmware I think and you should see the file you just uploaded into your pv3. Restore it and you should see all the files again that originally shipped with your pv3.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Stand alone client doesn't recognize my PV3 :(

I tried to run it from my computer and from the device drive itself as stated in the manual you linked.
Same screenshot for both.
PC does recognise the PV as I see it in the drive list and can copy stuff on it, but the application won't

·
Registered
15 Posts
So those were the tunes you were able to re-download? That's why you have them in there right? If that's the case, those are the only tunes available for your ECU version. Open your PV_INFO file and check your ECU Tune Compact. My version is 0102130501 and I only had 8 available.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you try downloading the full software? Maybe there is a driver in there that may be needed?
You mean Dynojet Power Core Software suite?
It is all installed also.

POD 300 Device manager on it also doesn't see the PV
But I can go get tunes from the PV in C3 tuning software..
This makes no sense at all ^^

·
Registered
15 Posts

Out of all these tunes, only 7 or 8 was available to my ECU Tune Compact. I have a 2019 grom non abs. Support mentioned that the other tune which I wanted is for a different ecu version even if it's the same year. Hope this is making sense.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So those were the tunes you were able to re-download? That's why you have them in there right? If that's the case, those are the only tunes available for your ECU version. Open your PV_INFO file and check your ECU Tune Compact. My version is 0102130501 and I only had 8 available.
The tunes you see on the device on my screenshot are the one stock I could download and a few tunes just to try if the PV would see them when plugged into the bike.
I put them all manually in the drive.

this is what is get from the tunes website:

Tunecompat:
Checksum:
UNSPECIFIED
Device GUID:
0102c00f-5043-aa1e-08f9-8454c70700f5

Name Description Checksum Revision
Honda MSX125 0102570102 HMF full exhaust Stock intake +450 rev limit 1
Honda MSX125 0102570102 HMF full exhaust Chimera intake +450 rev limit 1
Honda MSX125 0102570102 Brocks full exhaust Chimera intake +450 rev limit 1
Honda MSX125 0102570102 Yoshimura full exhaust Modified airbox with Brocks velocity Stack Koso air filter +450 rev limit 1
Honda MSX125 0102570102 Yoshimura full exhaust Chimera intake +450 rev limit 1
Honda Grom 0102570102 Aodonly full exhaust Stock intake Rev limit +450 1
Honda Grom 0102570102 Brocks full exhaust Takegawa 143cc BBK TB Parts camshaft Chimera Intake +450 rev limit 1
Honda Grom 0102570102 M4 full exhaust Takegawa 143cc BBK TB Parts camshaft Chimera Intake +450 rev limit 1
Honda Grom 0102570102 M4 full exhaust Takegawa 143cc BBK Takegawa camshaft Chimera Intake +450 rev limit 1
Honda Grom 0102570102 Brocks full exhaust Chimera Intake Tbolt cam +450 rev limit 1
Stock File

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know what you are saying and thos are the only ones available for your ECU version

Here is what was available with mine and my stock is 1601003

I just looked for the one I wanted and emailed Dynojet's tune support. Then the made one based based from the one I wanted that is compatible with my ECU Tune Compact. If the site is only letting you download those tunes, then that's what is available for your version. It didn't make sense to me at first and they should've advertised that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I already told them which I would need. (1601144 0101350501 : Hi mount full exhaust, 181cc Neo kit, Kit injector, 26mm stock throttle body, Chimera intake) in the ticket
I 'm waiting for a reply from them with hopefully the right files and a solution ^^

I was very thorough in the ticket with screenshots and all the stuff I did try

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, thanks to mike I was able to figure out what was wrong and got to the Ready to flash screen (finally!)
We are advancing!

I just need the right map adapted for my ECU from dynojet themselves now as there are no 143+ map available through the website with my pv_file.txt

Thx again mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'll post this here too

If someone got a PV3 with 1601006.stk (Tune compability 0102570102) needed for the ECU and a working map for it for tunes "1601144 0101350501 : Hi mount full exhaust, 181cc Neo kit, Kit injector, 26mm stock throttle body, Chimera intake " => hit me up , I need it :)

thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dynojet support tests my patience.
I've opened 2 tune requests tickets that keep getting closed without any reason or feedback in them (one of those was one that EU Dynojet support requested I opened )
My original ticket for support for the device is still opens but they don't reply to my queries or tune request in that too ><
The livechat app doesn't seems to reach anyone either ...

sight

1 - 20 of 31 Posts