Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So ive just bought a yoshimura rs2 exhaust and a waterproof chimera short ram air intake from brocks performance. Now I need a power commander so my engine doesnt blow. My question is, does anybody else have this combo and if so is there a map specifically for it? If not, then would I just be better off buying the auto tuner or the WB2 (if so, how would I go about installing those because i dont know)? If what im saying sounds dumb in anyway, please just let me know what the easiest route is for me to not blow my engine down the line.

thanks.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
If you are going to keep your grom forever or continue upgrading to bigger better BBK, skip the PCV-WB02 and go with the Aracer mini 2+. It is kinda pricey but in the long run you'll be better off.

Look up all my old post when I had my BrianS 170 and Finbro 183 groms with PCV-WB02 and the things that I experience along the way of grom life. My groms go back to Jan 2014 which means we were the first to do a lot of changes to our grom.

Lots of grom owners go for look, stretch, custom, etc. I went for performance first, functionality second, and price per performance third. I like speed coming from the Hayabusa world since 1999.

Good luck on your build.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have similar mods and its real easy to install and load a map (watch HardRacings Vid)... use the two bros with intake map off DynoJet.....works well with the mods

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked it up and it sounds a lot better for me than going with the PCV-WB02 but it would require me to rewire connects at ECU (because I have a 2018), which I simply dont trust myself to do because I dont know how. Also, i dont plan on upgrading my engine much because i know how reliable the grom engine is and i dont want to compromise it. Im probably just going to stick with the new air intake and new exhaust. Would the Aracer still be the better option for me in that case?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just looked it up and it sounds a lot better for me than going with the PCV-WB02 but it would require me to rewire connects at ECU (because I have a 2018), which I simply dont trust myself to do because I dont know how. Also, i dont plan on upgrading my engine much because i know how reliable the grom engine is and i dont want to compromise it. Im probably just going to stick with the new air intake and new exhaust. Would the Aracer still be the better option for me in that case?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts