Honda Grom banner

721 - 740 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
So i bit.. Dealer offered $3400 OTD for a 2019. Sweetened the deal with free delivery of the bike. I just had to pay tax and reg on my own. In Massachusetts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
To go along with my 2017 Grom; I recently picked up a 2018 Grom for $4000 OTD in Alberta Canada; that's like getting it for $3000 USD at today's exchange rate

·
Registered
2 Posts
$3200 OTD but that was for a 2017 Model new bought in February 2018. Also had to haggle and make him price match a dealer almost 100 miles away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is for my new 2019 Grom purchased one week ago for cash in Atlanta, GA. $2,500 + dealer charges and taxes = $3,395 OTD! I've been looking for used Groms or deals on new 2018's now that the 2019's are out, and this was less than I've seen some used Groms for. They were pushing an extended warranty but I declined, does anyone do that or recommend it?
Dude, r u serious? Could you please give me the address of that dealership? Thanks! I just signed up for your post!

·
Registered
41 Posts
$2000 for a used 2015, only about 1000 miles. Fender eliminater and flush front turn signals. Wrote $500 on the title to save big on taxes. Located in WI

·
Registered
891 Posts
Bought mine today for $4,300 cash out the door... California.

·
Registered
21 Posts
just picked up a '17 grom. female owned, 67 easy miles on it... she couldnt pass her motorcycle license test, said f it. $2700 :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bought mine today for $4,300 cash out the door... California.
High demand in Ca keeps prices up. Was that for a 2018 or 2019?

·
Registered
891 Posts
It was a 2018... however I could of had any of the 2019's for the same price but they didn't have a yellow 2019. I don't mind paying the going rate and am totally happy with the bike. Once you're riding, it doesn't matter.

Already ordered a Hyperpack from TST:

All black Toce under the seat dual exhaust
Rear fender eliminator
Integrated LED rear light and blinkers
Flush front LED blinkers
LED controller
LED wire harnesses
LED license light
Alloy license plate holder which fits onto the exhaust

Total: $662.

They offered 10% off my first order with free shipping and no sales tax, so I bought a bunch of stuff all at the same time that I know I'm going to get eventually anyhow.
The regular price of the exhaust alone is $570 so it's like getting some extra goodies thrown in for free.

Sorry, can't post a pic of it yet because I'm new.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Enjoy the new ride & performing the customization.

Reactions: tooter

·
Registered
891 Posts
Enjoy the new ride & performing the customization.
Thanks, man.
Had the bike one day and was already ordering stuff. (lol)
This is the TST kit.

17_GROM_HYPERPACK1_TST-Industries-Toce-Performance-Bundle-Honda-Grom-2017_Detailed-Image-1.jpg

Can't wait to put everything together!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bought my Grom 2018 on December 18, I got robbed, I paid $4,400.00 OTD. The dealer advertised it as a black Friday price for $2,999.00. They did not tell me anything about their fees until I had to sign the paperwork. In my mind I only would have to pay taxes & license but I found out that they over charged me until last moment. Never buy from these people again.

·
Registered
611 Posts
They'll work hard to get you in the door. Gotta be careful.

I walked in to buy a 2018 advertised at $2700. After title and tax they quoted me @ $3900. They wanted almost $800 for an "dealer assembly" fee (some shit like that)!! I told them where to shove it if they wanted that much for removing a bike from a crate and putting two mirrors on. They came back with $3400 and I turned around and walked out. Bought a Grom about an hour later at another dealer at an OTD price I told them I wanted.

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
They'll work hard to get you in the door. Gotta be careful.

I walked in to buy a 2018 advertised at $2700. After title and tax they quoted me @ $3900. They wanted almost $800 for an "dealer assembly" fee (some shit like that)!! I told them where to shove it if they wanted that much for removing a bike from a crate and putting two mirrors on. They came back with $3400 and I turned around and walked out. Bought a Grom about an hour later at another dealer at an OTD price I told them I wanted.
Yep I did that at a Harley dealer when they tried to stick me with some bend over fees so I went to another dealer and bought my Harley and rode the Fatboy to the dealer that wanted too much for bend over fees and just walked around their dealership to make sure they seen my new bike with their competitors dealers paper plate on my license frame.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Even at $2,700, dealers are still getting a big profit since they pay like $1,500 whole price to Honda Corporation. They have the nerve to charge customers $3,400 retail price plus like another $1,000 in bend over fees. Now I understand why they insisted in telling me several times that once I purchase the bike I could not return it, they knew that once I realized how much I was paying for the bike I was going to be very upset and definitely I was going to change my mind to buying the bike from them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought my Grom 2018 on December 18, I got robbed, I paid $4,400.00 OTD. The dealer advertised it as a black Friday price for $2,999.00. They did not tell me anything about their fees until I had to sign the paperwork. In my mind I only would have to pay taxes & license but I found out that they over charged me until last moment. Never buy from these people again.
OMG, ,that's astonishing, when they handed you the paperwork, I would have pushed it back and said no way. Even at full retrail of $3400 an extra thousand dollars is absurd.

I bought my 2018 on Jan 31 2019 for $2899 out the door, with zero miles. I bought it out of state so I eventually had to pay about $180 in tax, but that was it.

721 - 740 of 765 Posts