Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 757 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bro they know i seen how much it cost them. Sorry bit got the leverage on this one
list the dealer cost so folks can TRY and sway dealers off of rapist high prices.

·
Registered
312 Posts
$3700 OTD price on paper, with tax and registration.8.75% sales tax in my city. $1000 deposit.

I called 10 places. Some - maybe half of dealers - wouldn't give me a price.

·
Registered
393 Posts
We know the retail and what people are getting them for. $3500 seems to be a fair OTD price that about anyone would be willing to pay for a chance at the first batch. If its higher than that and the dealer won't budge then move on to the next one. If that's not an option then ask yourself how badly you want a grom.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just chiming in again ... for me, the 3800 I'm dropping is a completely acceptable number ... there's gonna be very few of these right away, I've always wanted a 125/250 but HATED the looks of them (or they weren't in the usa), and who can say no to the durability of the Honda. I know my 3800 is going to return ten fold on the fun value. IMHO if people are haggling dealerships over 300-500 maybe you shouldn't be looking at spending your money on a motorcycle and invest that change.

Btw if you financed every penny of 4k at 5.5% you're looking at a loan amount of $93 a month (48 months) for a total badass looking 125 with a return of over 100 mpg ... I wish I would've run the numbers and I would've reserved two. I already told the old lady she's getting on next spring.

Play with this ... Auto loan calculator - Bankrate.com

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just chiming in again ... for me, the 3800 I'm dropping is a completely acceptable number ... there's gonna be very few of these right away, I've always wanted a 125/250 but HATED the looks of them (or they weren't in the usa), and who can say no to the durability of the Honda. I know my 3800 is going to return ten fold on the fun value. IMHO if people are haggling dealerships over 300-500 maybe you shouldn't be looking at spending your money on a motorcycle and invest that change.

Btw if you financed every penny of 4k at 5.5% you're looking at a loan amount of $93 a month (48 months) for a total badass looking 125 with a return of over 100 mpg ... I wish I would've run the numbers and I would've reserved two. I already told the old lady she's getting on next spring.

Play with this ... Auto loan calculator - Bankrate.com
Well said!

·
Registered
659 Posts
There is a very good likelihood there will be other choices by next year too. Just look at all the new bikes that came out this year. The Ninja 300 and 636, and the Honda 500 models among dozens of others. I would at least ride the Grom a week or so before I bought a second one, since you need to assess it re your needs and expectations. If the Grom turns out to be in high demand, someone will offer an alternative next year perhaps a little faster, or a little bigger, or a couple more HP, or storage or something that many will see as an improvement. Nobody can corner the market in bikes any more cause re-designs can be cranked out very quickly. My Zero S for example has a newly designed and built motor, better range, better speed, better acceleration, better everything than the 2012 model, and the Brammo Empulse r electric bike also came out this year. Things move fast nowadays. Bikes change like the weather...well almost. I would love to see a naked Ninja 300 next year and there has been some talk about that. Maybe Aprilia will finally offer a small bike...either a 125 or 250, or even (and I'm really hoping here) a 2-stroke using the newer cleaner technology. Yamaha has already promised a small street bike as well.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Those GROM sell in Thailand for $2,200 US money. My friend runs a hotel in Thailand and he said that is the going rate.

I was told by the Sunnyvale store that it will be $2,999 round out $3,000 plus DMV, sales tax, set up and shipping.

So about 8 percent Cal tax city/county that will be add $240,
DMV fee, RF=$46 plus Cal Highway Patrol Fee $23, plus VLV "Purchase price xVLF x dep scale over 11 yr" looking at $93-$124

·
Registered
942 Posts
4200otd with everything. title,tax,freight,tag,lic, and what ever else everything is. i won't have to pay anything else after i leave the "door". i say that cause i seen tons of posts that say otd, but they still gotta pay tax or tag or title fees after. so its not really an otd price, i know otd means out the door. but if you still need to pay fees somewhere else for the bike, than its not really otd imo. jus saying. maybe we'll call it OTDD (out the dealer door).. lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
4200otd with everything. title,tax,freight,tag,lic, and what ever else everything is. i won't have to pay anything else after i leave the "door". i say that cause i seen tons of posts that say otd, but they still gotta pay tax or tag or title fees after. so its not really an otd price, i know otd means out the door. but if you still need to pay fees somewhere else for the bike, than its not really otd imo. jus saying. maybe we'll call it OTDD (out the dealer door).. lol
QFT

in a lot (not all by any means) you pay tax and title along with perhaps dmv fees AT the dealer at time of purchase and we have no option to do it any other way so our otd fees are "Legit" and or the MINIMUM we can pay. so folks posting just the price of the bike but no tax, no registration, or anything else really isn;t quite comparable)

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
no they DO NOT.....
Dealers have had what invoice is on the Grom for over a month now as braaapgrom also pointed out. Honda isn't going to make dealers order a unit and not know what invoice / MSRP is so they know if the profit will be worth it for them to deal with and how many they want etc.

·
Registered
942 Posts
QFT

in a lot (not all by any means) you pay tax and title along with perhaps dmv fees AT the dealer at time of purchase and we have no option to do it any other way so our otd fees are "Legit" and or the MINIMUM we can pay. so folks posting just the price of the bike but no tax, no registration, or anything else really isn;t quite comparable)
well i've seen posts where they said out the door of 3xxx and they have to do the title, tax, tags on their own. so they just paid set up and msrp. i think froggie was offering that too....

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
well i've seen posts where they said out the door of 3xxx and they have to do the title, tax, tags on their own. so they just paid set up and msrp. i think froggie was offering that too....
In most cases dealers don't collect tax for out of state residents so some people will say they have a lower OTD price. Like you mentioned they will have to foot the tax etc when they take the paperwork to go get their tag while if you're resident in the state of the dealer they will collect taxes etc. We do all of that for TN residents and go get their tag for them so it's a easy and painless process and they don't have to worry about doing a thing.

21 - 40 of 757 Posts