Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is $4129.03 and that seems HIGH even for Cali!

Post your OTD price including deposit (please be honest!) to make sure the first US Grom buyers aren't getting ripped off by dealers!

·
Registered
530 Posts
3814.98 at 9.5% on top of msrp, setup, documentation, title work, tags, and delivery

·
Registered
17 Posts
$3434.94. That is everything, bike, freight, doc fee, tax, title and registration. I drive the bike away from the dealer. AKA OTD.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Don't worry. Someone will pay more than $4000. Someone else will get one for $3300 out the door and the dealer will make money at the $3300 price. There are few rules and salesmen often know how to maximize their profit. You are at the disadvantage unless you are very lucky or know how to negotiate. Having bought a lot of bikes and cars, I know a lot of the tricks. I recently traded in a bike that I got $3,000 for a trade-in. Found out the bike was re-sold by the dealer for $4800 plus taxes, add-ons. This is typical. Dealers guard their actual costs very closely. Do not believe anything they say regarding their costs because they often get money back from Honda at some later date based on sales, among other things. Often they will tell you they would be losing money on a deal. Hogwash. I say $3500 in most areas would be a reasonable price...giving the dealer $700 or so to split among the different fingers in the pie. Of course it helps to shop around. Armed with one price, go visit a second or third dealer. Don't worry, you can always go back to the first dealer and get whatever price they quoted. Remember if you don't get a Grom, it is not the end of the world. There are a lot of good little bikes out there. Something like a 150 scooter would perform about the same plus comes with built-in storage, for example.

·
Registered
325 Posts
yeah NO REAL way to get an OTD price as DEALERS DO NOT know the COST of the bike for themselves, all OTD prices are just guesses within say $200 range. I'm expecting to pay 3350 and 3750 otd with my "hookup"

·
Registered
325 Posts
and Ninja, bullshitg, if you are ACTUAL friends with salesmen and sales managers you find out real quick how much money is in what bike. these bikes will be 200 profit bikes almost guarranteed, any extra profit is a dealer raping you. Even a 26k goldwing has less than 1200 profit in it. now honda bucks or down the line kickbacks and discounts for them do come into play but that's the OWNER making profit NOT the salesmen...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dealera know now how much they are getting hit but dude bove mde. Good point sum low sum high. Price isnt key. Getting to be the very few who get one before everyone else is priceless.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've posted this in a different thread, but might as well copy it here...

Mine will run me $3454.67 out the door, in Chesterfield County, Virginia.

Grom Base MSRP: $2999.00
Destination Charge: $125.00
Dealer's Processing Fee: $149.00
Sales Tax (goes up from 3% to 4% on 7/1/2013): $130.92
Dealer's Business License Tax: $10.00
Vehicle Title: $12.00
Vehicle Registration/Tags: $28.75

1 - 20 of 754 Posts